recommendations W. WA or OR

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Michelle

recommendations W. WA or OR

Post by Michelle » Sat May 20, 2006 2:52 am

Hello,
I'm seeking a reputable dealer in Western Washington or Oregon. I actually live about 35 miles north of Portland in WA. I would like to purchase an manufactured home and land. I was looking at Washington Home Center, but have found a few very negative stories from users. Any advice, recommendations, or companies to definitely avoid would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Mac

Re: recommendations W. WA or OR

Post by Mac » Mon May 22, 2006 7:02 am

We dealt with Santiam Homes' Aumsville (near Salem) dealership - very good. They also are in Woodburn. I would use them again.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Mon May 22, 2006 6:49 pm

Thanks for the recommendation. May I ask what you ended up using them for--land, home, transport, set-up, etc? Did they deliver when promised? Thanks.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue May 23, 2006 9:27 am

We bought our home from them in 2003. We had an existing DW to remove, then we wanted a slab and split-block foundation. We bought a Karsten three-section home (made next door in Stayton). Santiam helped us find a buyer for our old home (it was very funky) and would have done the contracting - however, initially we had planned on placement on a poured perimeter foundation. So we had another contractor do the slab and foundation block.
Aside from that confusion, they did a great job, especially the setup crew. They got all three pieces in on day 1, and the whole house assembled by day 2, so everything stayed nice and dry. The electric and plumbing subs they used did a great job as well. Two things I would do differently next time: first, Silvercrest has a Superfloor option with thicker flooring. Second, I would have had a heavier roofload - I believe it would help prevent some of the tiny sheetrock cracks we've had. Karsten's quality has been very good, though - we've been quite happy.

Cheers,
Mac

[email protected]

Post by [email protected] » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:17 pm

I can recommend a factory in the Salem area, Homebuilders Northwest Inc. The Evergreen series is all that and more. Great home, great price, I have been to most of the factories in Oregon. And am really impressed with this factory. They have a factory store just off I5 in Salem. Check out there website; www.homebuildersnorthwest.com
Marlene