Novladeck or Cresdeck

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
rmurray

Re: Nova deck or Cresdeck

Post by rmurray » Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:14 am

Sorry for your poor experience...Those who like the original poster get fully educated so that a lie prone salesperson cannot pull the wool over their eyes..are far more likely to be happy home owners...

Thanks for sharing your experience...You might have saved someone from a heartache...Good luck fixing your problem...

Kerstin

Post by Kerstin » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:15 pm

I just found out I have Nova Deck D3 as the subfloor in my new modular home by Patriot Homes and found this site very informative. The Patriot rep I spoke with did not hide the fact that Nova Deck is similiar to the fiberboard used in manufactured houses in the past. She said it was stronger than fiberboard but will give way if saturated (I neglected to ask how long the water had to remain on the floor before that happens).

I have Congoleum sheet vinyl everywhere but my hallway and bedrooms. I am planning to install hardsurface flooring in place of the carpet and may continue with the same pattern of sheet vinyl. If I decide to go with the sheet vinyl the Patriot rep said that I will have to have the subflooring under the carpet taped and floated so the nail or screw holes and joints won't show through. She also said that if I decide to install ceramic or vinly tiles I will have to cover the Nova Deck with plywood or Hardiback because adhesives will not stick to the Nova Deck, but that laminate flooring can be installed over it.

With all this written, will the sheet vinyl protect my Nova Deck if I decide in the future to install another floor over it? I can live with the pattern of sheet vinyl if I install in throughout my house until I can afford what I want --ceramic throughout the house--because adding plywood or Hardiback at this time will put me over budget.

Thanks for any info provided.

Kerstin

Post by Kerstin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:33 pm

All,

I posted my problem on two threads and I got a reponse from Murray on another thread. This is what he wrote:

I understand your concern..at least the factory rep is being honest..moisture..kills this product.....The floor covering might help....These floors seem particularly venerable at sources of moisture or condensation...At the base of the toilet..near showers..atr the front door..often neat a/c vents that condense moisture...The worse situations come from moisture from the under side..Ventinfg a dryer under the home can ruin the whole floor in short order..be sure there is no water going under the home..Moisture barriers must be in place.....Good Luck..

Thanks again Murray for the response.

Kerstin

Georgia-Pacific's Novoply/Novoflor

Post by Kerstin » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:18 pm

Everyone,

After searching for hours to find the manufacturer of Nova Deck and any other information about it I searched yet another thread in this wonderful site which caused me to look at the Georgia-Pacific site and we all have been spelling the product's name incorrectly---it is Novodeck. The link below gives the info from Georgia-Pacific.

Caveat Emptor---let the buyer beware, or in this case let the buyer be aware.

http://www.gp.com/build/product.aspx?pn ... rchy=brand

Richard H. Wilde

Re: Georgia-Pacific's Novoply/Novoflor

Post by Richard H. Wilde » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:08 am

NovaDeck! There is nothing worse.

r&dh

Post by r&dh » Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 pm

Does anyone have any recent experiences with this product. I have a home falling apart from the floor down. I have called the mfg. and got a... well you must have done something to cause this. I am so frustrated that if I could, I would tear this house down and put up a new one... sending each of the pieces of the floor directly to the mfg so they can see what crappy products they create! They say they love it, and it is a wonderful product.... as far as I am concerned, Cresdeck is nothing but garbage and the mfg does nothing buy lie. They certainly don't stand behind their products. I guess if they did, they would go out of business. Cresdeck... should be renamed Crapdeck!

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:35 pm

I have read nothing to change my thoughts as expressed above 6 years ago..You have not mentioned the age of your home. As I remember Cresdeck has a 10 year warranty..There might be moisture exclusions, but I assume you have not let water run on your floors for years...Make a claim..