Picking a 55+ Community

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
David Oxhandler

Re: Picking a 55+ Community

Post by David Oxhandler » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:14 am

Raintree Village is a family-owned and operated, 55+ retirement community conveniently located yet away from the crowds. It is nestled in a rural setting a mile north of DeLand on Route 17 close to shopping, dining, banking, medical and recreational facilities.

Raintree Village offers a quiet, safe, and pleasant environment for those who are seeking a carefree, affordable lifestyle as a permanent or seasonal residence.

DeLand is one of Florida’s best kept secrets-county seat of Volusia County, home of Stetson University. We are located in the heart of the State with the world’s most famous beach “Daytona Beach” just 24 miles east; Orlando, with Disney World, Epcot, Universal Studios, and Sea World, is 40 miles west; St. Augustine, the oldest city, is 55 miles north; Kennedy Space Center is 65 miles southeast. There is easy access to I-4 nearby and the St. Johns River recreational area.

Raintree offers a wide variety of amenities, a community clubhouse, heated pool, billiards, card room, kitchen/dining area, planned activities, shuffleboard courts, big screen TV, library reading/craft, exercise areas and fishing.

Click Here for More Details

littlegamcracke

Post by littlegamcracke » Sun Feb 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Florida can't be the only great place. How about Tucson, AZ..
Any body out there (Web) who's lived in Tucson, AZ in a 55+ Mobile home Park?

jdsforever

Post by jdsforever » Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:59 pm

Hi,

We are trying to find any 55+ communites in Lancaster, PA. Can anyone help us?

Mike DeMarco

Post by Mike DeMarco » Mon Feb 13, 2006 8:19 am

In Lancaster County:

Calamus Estates
652 Georgetown Rd
Ronks, PA 17572-9553
717-687-0970
Sandra Whiteside

Located among Amish farmlands. Family owned & managed. Very pretty & very friendly. Only about 85 homes, resales only.

william peterson

Post by william peterson » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:59 pm

my wife and i are considering moving to sebring area ,possibly tanglewood. can you advise as to where we can get info on resales in tanglewood . thanks bill

helen rullis

Post by helen rullis » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:09 pm

Sue: I have been reading a lot about Tanglewood in the New Press a newspaper in Fort Myers, Fla. I am a new widow and one question I have is It a place a single woman could live ND GET AROUND WITHOUT A CAR. wALKING IS NO PROBLEM WITHIN REASON. A friend of mine is also interested in purchasing a home., We were planning on driving to Sebring to look and check out the area. We coul also look at your propeerty, as long as I know the location before we arrive at Tanglewood in April. Thanks for any help you can give. p.s. don't mind the typing I am new in "Cyber space" . Sincerely Helen Rullis

Pat

Post by Pat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:43 am

Debby...
My husband and I just returned from 6wks in FL. We visited locations along central corridor also. We really loved Sebring/Lake Placid areas and Tanglewood, but wonder about escalating monthly rent and if you had any feedback on other places or those where you could buy the land. For your reqmts..we also visited The Hamptons on US92-W near Lakeland which was well taken care of, landscaped beautifully, and lent to golfers, but we found a little too pricey.
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Pat

Pat

Post by Pat » Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:19 pm

Any feedback as to mfg'd home communities in Polk, Lake, Osceola where you purchase the land also?
Thks in advance.

jjdini

Post by jjdini » Sat Nov 18, 2006 8:18 am

Palm Harbor Marketing has many 55+ communites we work in. Both land ownership and land leased. We are factory direct representatives. If we can assist you, you can save $1,000's.Why pay retail any longer. We assist people with their community choice and building their dream home. We also have model homes available in Lake Hammock in Haines City and Schalamar Creek in Lakeland. Both are wonderful gated communities that have city water and sewer. Their lot increases are also lower than the vast majority of communites. If you do a search you can find the model homes that I have listed.

Please feel to contact me directly for assistance-Jo Dinius 1-866-241-2588 Ext 401.

Murph

Post by Murph » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:11 pm

I have researched for almost 2 yrs I first started out looking at communities w/land lease. Like the rest of you the lot rents get very expensive and some of the owners add what they call "pass throughs" that's if the real estate taxes go up they can pass through some of that cost to the owners.

I am now looking solely at land/home communities only. I am going down in February to the Winter Haven area to search out communities. The homes can be found on the internet . Realtors have web sites that can be used to find them.Most have all the homes in the particular area that you wish to look in. There is an abundance of them on the West Coast of FLA. There is an Association of Resident Owned Communities.

The homes seem to be in the 1987-1990 areas of being built. But most seen to have been very well taken care of.