Is 55,000 Too Much For A Singlewide?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
rmurray

Re: Is 55,000 Too Much For A Singlewide?

Post by rmurray » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:37 pm

Sorry to hear about the industry stalwart Horton's lack of attention..The dealers statements about Clayton were absolutely true. They are VERY solvent and will be there when others are not..Cavalier is a public company who's financials are public. I am actually surprised they have made it this far. That is quite a compliment that they have the determination to overcome what has to have been VERY tough times.. I do know in Millen GA., Cavalier sold a factory to Clayton who promptly closed it. I assume to take it out of the production market in the area To help bolster Clayton's market in the area and to keep others from using this very experienced plant in the future.

As to the used home. Only you can decide if this is for you. As you will read in many posts here. I always recommend spending a few bucks for a professional home inspection on this 11 year old home. Even your careful eyes might well miss a major problem..Good Luck with your choice and GO FOR IT..

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:41 am

Clayton acquired Cavalier through Southern Energy this past summer.
I agree with Rmurray, have the used home professionally inspected before you buy it.

jtart51

Post by jtart51 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:03 pm

I was informed that Clayton has bought out Cavalier as well! They got Oakwoor and lots of good brands! I also found out that the arbitration agreements are common-place now. They just set up a new Cavalier in the park across from me. I may check with them to see how well it holds up. Anybody have any words of wisdom on new home warranties offered through the dealer?