Quality Wholsale Homes

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Cindy

Quality Wholsale Homes

Post by Cindy » Sun Jan 30, 2005 9:13 pm

Does anyone know anything about Quality Wholesale Homes? We received some information from them and they have an exact duplicate of the Entertainer Series by Fleetwood for a lot less money. I was wondering if anyone has purchased a home from them. Would like some input if possible. We have already purchased both the Buyers Guide to MFD Homes and Land as well as How to Buy A MH & Save Thousands. I know their name is not in these books. I'm sure they are probably too good to be true...but would like to know.
Thank you

rmurray

Re: Quality Wholsale Homes

Post by rmurray » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:47 am

YOU mean the price was thousands less including delivery??...Floorplan copies from manufacturer to manufacturer never seem to be close...most buying a downgraded model are disapionted..Read the books you have,,specs can very a lot...cheaper homes always have cheaper specs...

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:27 am

Many builders build the same popular floor plans. Because the homes may look the same and have rooms of the same size in the same place is no reason to think that the similarity goes much deeper.

While you want to save money you certainly don't want to purchase a home that was built with price as the only consideration. Cheep construction standards sell homes. This is great for the seller but usually results in problems later for the buyer.

Fleetwood is a builder. Wholesale is a dealer not a builder. What is the builder brand of the home that they want to sub for the Fleetwood?

Cindy

Post by Cindy » Mon Jan 31, 2005 6:34 pm

We were told that they are builders. They have factories in Texas, Calif. and one in Glendale AZ. We presently live in CT. and are planning to retire in AZ six months out of the year.
Thank you for your answering my questions and for your input

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:20 pm

Has anyone ever heard of a MH Builder named Quality Wholesale Homes?

If so please share your expewrience with them.

Tanya

Post by Tanya » Mon Jan 31, 2005 10:32 pm

There was a website online for a while, I forget the exact name of it, but they claimed to be able to negotiate with factories, get you the home of your choice for well below retail, negotiate with lenders, etc, etc. They didn't answer my email, so I tried calling them. They said they no longer did this nationally, just in the state they were in. (Can't remember where, somewhere in the Southeast, I believe) I think they had the name Wholesale in the title.
But listen to these experts Cindy. If the builder isn't following through with delivery, setup and warranties, etc, and the construction isn't up to par, then it's probably too good to be true.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:17 am

They actually call themselves a dealeership..The following is from their web site..NO mention of their manufacturing plans..
"
The most unique and exciting feature of Quality Wholesale Homes is our wholesale marketing concept in which we are able to sell top quality homes at wholesale prices direct to the public. In 1997, we began selling new homes at wholesale prices. Previously our wholesale prices were only available to other dealers and large developers. As a result, we are literally able to save our customers thousands of dollars on the purchase of a new home resulting in a lower payment and much greater value for your money. Our new marketing concept has made Quality Wholesale Homes one of the largest and fastest growing manufactured housing dealers in the United States. "

Candy

Post by Candy » Tue Feb 08, 2005 7:55 am

I just talked to Cia at Quality WholesaleHomes yesterday 2/7/05.
She explained that they have 2 manufacturing plants in the west, one in Riverside, CA and one in Glendale, AZ. The shipping costs from CA are $2530 and the shipping cost from AZ is $2812 to Las Vegas. The set up fee is $5950. These costs are on top of the cost of the home. I have never seen one of these homes so I do not know the quality of them. As a 1st timer, I am doing research into all mobile/manufactured homes. I was told that they more or less, customize the home for your wants. Customization is at an extra cost ofcourse. The webiste I went to was http://www.qwhomes.com/list.php Fill out the form and someone will get ahold of you. I also would like to hear from a current owner of one of these homes to see if they are satisfied with the home. I'll check with the BBB to see if any complaints.

Cindy

Post by Cindy » Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:35 pm

were you able to find out anything from BBB about quality wholsale homes?
would be interested to find out any thing you have to offer

shawn

Post by shawn » Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:38 pm

one of the best deals they have is a $59,995 for 2280sqft out of Glendale AZ plant. I was talking to one of the sales reps, asking him questions... and he started to get on my nerves.... sounded like he had something to hide... when I told him that I planned to fly over there to see the model before I made the purchase. At first he answered my questions patiently, about customizing etc... I requested to talk to his manager, because he did not know everything.... !!!! He became irritating after that and I didnt feel like dealing with him.

I am a genuine buyer, intending to purchase 5-10 homes per year.

209-834-1734