Quality Wholsale Homes

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Linda

Re: Quality Wholsale Homes

Post by Linda » Tue Dec 13, 2005 8:14 pm

The 411 on Quality Wholesale Homes is still a bit up in the air for us, but so far we give them a B+ . As far as I understand they are NOT builders. They simply act as a middle man for the manufacturer. You are purchasing brand name homes at wholesale prices. We originally checked out Fleetwood homes in Reno, NV area through a reputable dealer and they wanted $160,000 for the Covington home featured on QWH web site (over 3,000 sq ft). We purchased the very SAME Fleetwood home from QWH for $113,000. This allowed us to customize the home to the hilt and have some left over for furnishing. The home is now set and we're ironing out the details, as nothing every goes completely right in any project. We're reserving judgement on the complete experience until all the bugs are addressed. This QWH is located in St. George, Utah and we dealt with Justin Kearns who is a wonderful sales representative. We purchased this home from QWH in Jan. 2005 and I see the price now for this home from QWH is about $160,000, the same as it was from Champion in Jan. 2005. I dread to think what it now costs thru Champion Homes in NV. I live in southern CA and was at a recent home show where mfrd. homes were going for 3 times as much as QWH was charging. The sad thing is people were buying them up like hotcakes and I was so tempted to wear a QWH sign around my neck with their phone number and the words "Save MONEY". I'm amazed at the quality of these homes considering what you'd pay for a stick built structure. The only way you can tell that it is a mfrd. home is that the space under the inside doors is larger than stick built homes. I'm told this is because these homes are so air tight that this extra space allows for ventilation. I'm further perplexed as to why regulations in some cities do not allow the building of these homes. My assumption is they want to keep the "poorer" people out of certain areas because it certainly can't be about the looks.

Mark Gibson

Post by Mark Gibson » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:06 am

The great news is that the current $160,000 price tag actually includes the delivery and the setup of this home anywhere in the 11 Western U.S. As you mentioned Linda the nice thing about buying new is the ability to customize and make changes that best fit the buyers needs. In addition the nice thing about Quality Wholesale Homes is that they provide Wholesale pricing on homes that are by no means "Quality Compromised" If anyone has any questions at all please feel free to email me and I would be more than happy to answer any questions.

Yvette

Post by Yvette » Fri Jan 13, 2006 1:23 am

Looking for information regarding purchasing a home from Quality Wholesale
Homes. Checked Better Business Bureau and nothing is listed regarding their business. Has anyone purchased and what experience did you have.
Can you please let me know what you think. Were you able to go visit there
factory? Let me know what you think.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:14 am

There has been quiet a bit posted about this company... to get the full picture type "Quality Wholesale" in the search field at the top of this page and click on the search button... you will get a full list of the items posted here about them.

Cynthia

Post by Cynthia » Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:39 pm

Linda, I would be very interested in any update you might have about your new home from Quality Wholesale. Was it actually manufactured by Fleetwood? Is the construction solid or cheap? How do they respond to any problems you might have had?

I am looking to replace an older MH and stumbled upon the QWH website. I want to end up with a quality home and dependable service, and so far you're the only link I have who can tell me that.

Please let me know your experience since the last time you posted on mfdhousing.com in December.

Thank you so much!

itica

Post by itica » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:14 am

Do not give them a deposit until they have answered every question you have and provided you with everything you need to prepare your site for the setting of the home. After sending them a 2,500 deposit, that the salesman pressured me to send because "The prices are going up in a few days", their ability to answer any option price questions or provide any info on setting the home on a foundation went away. After 6 months of struggle I lost faith in them and asked for my deposit back. I just got an e-mail telling me that my refund is ZERO. Apparently they are not in the house business they are in the collecting deposits business. A 2,500 lesson learned. Also, the price listed on their web site has not changed, so much for the price increase in a few days.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:46 am

How crooked. You should try complaining to the licensing authority in the state they are in, or the HUD enforcement office of that state, or the state's attorney general in that state,or the consumer affairs office in their state or the county prosecutor where they are located, or bring suit in their local small claims court. Better yet do ALL of the above make them wish they had never met you...Help other unsuspecting folks like you. Who knows maybe you will get your money back..but better is the revenge.

GO FOR IT....

bldgbud

Post by bldgbud » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:25 pm

I ordered a home from Quality Wholesale Homes. They were suppose to help me get financing for the home. However, AFTER I put down my deposit all communcation with them went by the way side. Email messages went unanswered and messages left on their answering maching were not answered. I LOST my down payment and would never, ever tell anyone else to use them. Before the down payment, they called every day and we discussed many things of what I wanted. But once they got the down payment it was goodby to me. Not a very good company to work with. PLUS, on my contract they were going to charge me $9500 to deliver the home. When I told him I was just 70 miles from the factory he then knocked the shipping down to $4500. This did not include the set up nor the permanent foundation I needed. I would suggest looking around more and please don't waste your time with this company..

KraigG

Post by KraigG » Fri May 16, 2008 1:22 am

I've been emailng questions back and forth with this company for a week now, and have been getting my questions answered by a Tracie. All of a sudden, the replies stopped.

Is this company still in an "iffy" position? Has anyone had any positive dealings with them in the last couple of months?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri May 16, 2008 8:04 am

There has been quit a few posts to these forums about this company. You can read the accumulated postings HERE
David Oxhandler
[email protected]