Guerdon Quality - Blue Book

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Mary Stanley

Guerdon Quality - Blue Book

Post by Mary Stanley » Tue May 11, 2004 3:19 pm

Can anybody offer help. I have a copy of Randy Eaton's book "Manufactured Home Comparison Guide" but is missing Guerdon. Are they as good as Fuqua or Silvercrest? Also, have looked at one built in 1996 - were they mfg. better in the 90's, improved, or the same? I live in Oregon and Fuqua are really popular - unfortunately, most of them aren't for sale!

Also need help with blue book values - when a realtor says they "comp" a house, how is that possible when mfg. housing has a blue book value just like a boat, car, trailer, etc.? I thought in order to comp anything, there had to be the exact same make, model, upgrades, year of mfg., etc., etc? I explained to her that I would look at blue book before making an offer and she looked at me sort of funny! I have never purchased a mfg. home and don't have the experience to sort through all misinformation. Should offers be made strictly on blue book, or should the property be taken into consideration, the location of the home, etc.?

Can anybody help me here? I would tremendously appreciate all the information and assistance you would be graciously willing to share.

mac

Re: Guerdon Quality - Blue Book

Post by mac » Wed May 12, 2004 12:11 pm

Guerdon (older) were made at what is now Karsten's plant in Stayton. The Guerdon that exists today is different, located in Idaho. I have a 2003 Karsten from that plant. It's rather well - built. Couldn't say about earlier models.

Mary Stanley

Post by Mary Stanley » Thu May 13, 2004 12:17 pm

Hi mac! I've heard the Karstens are great homes. I'm finding it difficult to find anybody that knows anything about Guerdo's built in the 90's - what type of floors they utilize [longitudinal, etc.], siding, insulation, plumbing, electrical, sheet rock, etc.

Hal Rosich

Post by Hal Rosich » Fri May 05, 2006 5:38 pm

I am looking to purchase a 1995 Gurdon Columbia home and what I want to know is do they increase in value over time or do they decrease value. The home has a garage attached to it and it sits on a cement slab and has a cement brick walls around the base. We are getting ready to retire and we might want to relocate in five years from now and we do not want to lose money on the home. Amy additional information or input will be glady recieved. thank you

Peter

Post by Peter » Sat May 06, 2006 1:15 pm

Hello Mary,

Don't forget about MobileHome.Com's Book Value Service.

thanks,
Peter

dreammeup

value of a 96 Guerdon home

Post by dreammeup » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:04 am

I'm looking for the value of a 1996 Guerdon home. 16x60. Can anyone help me? Thank you so much!

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:00 pm

You can get a book Value Report for almost any manufactured home at https://ssl.xpr.com/mfdhousing/mhcredit/value.php
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Celtlund

Post by Celtlund » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:56 pm

Mary, if the MH and the property are tied together it will sell just like any other real estate. The appraiser or realtor can do a comp by comparing it with similar size MH on similar size lots just like they do houses. They will not compare it to similar size stick built homes. I'd also recommend you get an inspector who is familiar with manufactured homes to do an inspection before you make an offer.