CRESDEK

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Andrea

CRESDEK

Post by Andrea » Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:43 pm

I was wondering if anyone has heard of cresdek? In the brochure it says for the flooring, we triple our 2x8's on the ends of the home and double them every 8 feet where there is a seam in our decking. These 2x8's are topped with cresdek. Does anyone know if this is good material like they say? It says it is twice as strong as OSB or plywood. Anyone know???

Danny

Re: CRESDEK

Post by Danny » Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:53 pm

"Cresdek" is another name for particleboard the strength of it is comparable to osb or plywood BUT....DO NOT let it get wet once it gets wet it will warp and then swell to twice the its thickness,and then it will crumble and begin to fall apart ....not good!

threerp

Re: CRESDEK

Post by threerp » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:44 am

I have been around manufactured homes for about 22 yrs . And from my experience with cresdec it is an awesome product. I remember a lumber yard had a piece of it in a jar on the counter. It was there for several months and the decking never deteriorated or even show signs of damage at all. The only problem around where I live is that nobody can seem to get