Schult Homes?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
sheryl

Re: are you going to honor warranty?

Post by sheryl » Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:31 pm

Hi I currently own a Schult. What a load of crap their warranty is GOOD luck getting someone to come and service your home.
My floors are sagging!!!!! The man who does the warranty service scheduling actually laughed at me when I called .. It is a well built home Except the floor of course But no service after the sale. I also was told they have been bought out by Clayton
Sheryl

Milo

Re: what do you all know about Fleetwood?

Post by Milo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:12 pm

I have been looking at tons of Manufacturers and I like the Fleetwood options. Am I looking at the wrong company?

milo

Post by milo » Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:48 pm

For the most part it is built like most other homes. They even offer awesome carpet, appliances, tvs, and cupboard options. The main thing I want to know is why do they use sheetrock clips for the electrical boxes and why dont they use double headers over their doors and windows. For the money they seem really good, but are they? Does anyone have any info on Fleetwood. I need all the info I can get! Thank You !!

JIM

Post by JIM » Sun Apr 25, 2004 12:56 am

I am a licenced manufactured home installer in the state of arkansas. I work as a subcontracter for the state manufatured home commision .thru the recovery fund progam(using interest accrued on cash bonds posted by licenced dealers and installers)the state investagates customer complaints if the complaint is warrented they will determine the liable party (manufacturer,dealer,insaller etc)If the responcibe party does not rectifie the problem or can not (such as an unlicenced installer) the state will (thru a process of sealed bids )pay for the repair of set-up related problems concerning the safety and integraty of the home.thru my work in this capacity I have recetly had the "Pleasure" of corrosponding with the "Fleetwood" factory service department .They were very helpful,the rep.that I spoke with was curtious,informative, prepared and cooperative.within moments all service request and service reports were available and seemed to be well maintained and accurated .Fleetwood has my stamp of approval as far as service is concerned

JIM

Post by JIM » Sun Apr 25, 2004 1:23 am

I am a licenced manufactured home installer in the state of arkansas. I work as a subcontracter for the state manufatured home commision .thru the recovery fund progam(using interest accrued on cash bonds posted by licenced dealers and installers)the state investagates customer complaints if the complaint is warrented they will determine the liable party (manufacturer,dealer,insaller etc)If the responcibe party does not rectifie the problem or can not (such as an unlicenced installer) the state will (thru a process of sealed bids )pay for the repair of set-up related problems concerning the safety and integraty of the home.thru my work in this capacity I have recetly had the "Pleasure" of corrosponding with the "Fleetwood" factory service department .They were very helpful,the rep.that I spoke with was curtious,informative, prepared and cooperative.within moments all service request and service reports were available and seemed to be well maintained and accurated .Fleetwood has my stamp of approval as far as service is concerned Service is very important in the equation however there are many other very important factors to consider Do your homework.talk to someone knowledgable of the bussiness before you talk to the salesperson .In my experiance,most sales persons would just as soon sale you a car as a manufactued home .research the crew that will deliver and set up your home to make sure that they are experianced (and licenced if applicable)If they are not ,request one that is. Research the dealer with the better busines bueroe and most important get everything in writing."EVERYTHING"

milo

Post by milo » Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:55 pm

Thank you Jim! You are the first person to respond to my request. The sales person we are dealing with is a very honest person. I have been investigating everything that he has quoted me. I have received a lot of advice, and checked out many other manufacturers. Still I am impressed with the quality in and out of the fleetwood! I have looked at Skyline, Palm Harbor, Redman, and Patriot which are all comparable. The Fleetwood just seems right because of the cost and options, including the site work our sale person can arrange. So if the price is right and all the factors are included (I guess I answered my own question). Thank You again! Anything I should know please contact me!

Sultan Ahmed Zubairi

We Want To Export Marble Products

Post by Sultan Ahmed Zubairi » Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:51 am

We are Waheed Marble worked to keep alive art & craft in our global village with cutting edge of our special prices.
We are Pakistani natural stone products manufacturer based in Karachi, Pakistan. Specialized in natural stone products i.e. Cultured Marble, Onyx, Granite e.t.c. Our Products range comprises Fires Place (Different Design & Stone), Kitchen Products (Shanks, Tabletop e.t.c. Coffee Tables, Status, Decorative Pots, Wall Mounting Different Animal & Birds. We are able to manufacture above products range in any given shape, design to attract foreign customers for direct orders. We have an export office to fulfill your esthetic value & to meet customized orders through our export office. Please contact our Marketing Communication Manager Mr. Sultan Zubairi E-mail [email protected] for Details & Quotes kindly Visit our website at www.waheedmarble.com please mark Mr. Sultan Zubairi In case you are using our website e-mail address Awaiting for your early reply & comments

LYDIA ALLEN

Re: We Want To Export Marble Products

Post by LYDIA ALLEN » Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:04 pm

Sheryl,we too,have not had our warranty honored.We started calling in March 2004,in regards ,to leaks in our house.We spoke with the Buckeye,AZ,office,several times,They even went so far as to send someone to Texas and investigate our claim.They told us to get an estimate and then we're told ,when we call in with estimate,THAT they filed bankruptcy,in 2002 and we would have to file with the company handling their bk. Talk about a BIG let down!!!l.

m cunnin

Re: We Want To Export Marble Products

Post by m cunnin » Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:53 am

my wife and i purchased a schult home in june of 2003. They told us it would be ready to move in by Aug. The home didn't arive until the end of August and it was three weeks before anyone showed up to even look at it. After several incompetent attempts at finishing our home ( by the dealer and the factory) they just dissapeared never having finished our home. We finally moved into the unfinished home in November ( the camper w/ no hot water was getting old). We didn't hear from anyone until the dealer filed a law suit against us in april 2004. Now a year after later the factory (kansas) is wanting to come work on the home again......My advise is to look at ready made homes or stick built. In my opinion the manufactured housing ind. is still trying to sell a glorified trailer house.

JH

Re: Schult Homes

Post by JH » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:23 am

I was wondering if anyone could give me an update on how Schult homes are doing. My daughter (young) has her heart set on a certain model they have. I just don't her to get into a situation where she will not get any service after the home is set. Any help, thought, or concerns would be appreciated. Thanks