choosing a manufacturer

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
debbie

choosing a manufacturer

Post by debbie » Sun Feb 11, 2001 1:50 am

Hi, you have answered a few questions for us and I have another. We were going to buy a schult home from a dealer in arizona (we are in california) and because of the dealers attitude (he acts like we are bothering him with trivial things, and I feel this is a big purchase he should answer my questions) we are rethinking this. We live in southern california, almost to the border. We are looking for a good quality home that doesn't look like a mobile home, money does not concern us, I want a quality home and good customer service. We want a home 2000+ sq ft.. You mentioned silvercrest and also Hallmark southwest are there any others you could recommend and which do you think would be the absolute best. I really want a well made home, and what upgrades do you feel are needed.
thankyou

debbie

RE: choosing a manufacturer

Post by debbie » Sun Feb 11, 2001 2:08 am

also mentioned to me was fuqua homes

Joe

RE: choosing a manufacturer

Post by Joe » Mon Feb 12, 2001 2:17 pm

Debbie, You might want to contact your state administrative agency:

California SAA
Department of Housing and Community Development,
Division of Codes and Standards,
Manufactured Housing Section
P.O. Box 31
Sacramento, California 95812-0031

to see where problems might arise from buying from an out of state dealer. The manufactured housing is regulated by your state agency for your state only. If problems arise and you need help the state agency probably will not be able to help you since you bought from an out of state dealer. At least that is the way it is here in the state I live in.