Roof Pitch!

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Charlotte

Roof Pitch!

Post by Charlotte » Thu Feb 08, 2001 8:24 pm

Randy, I got your book today, it is well worth the money, and the wait. I read it from cover to cover or till my eyes got tired.

A wonderful source of much needed information.

One thing you missed or I simply haven't found it yet. Roof pitch, I love in Colorado and my home will be in Southwestern Colorado when I do buy one. What roof pitch would you recomend? I have already decided that a 30lb pound roof will be what I get but the pitch??? A 4/12 ? is that steep enough to aid snow removal etc?

I do understand what "pitch" means and have had it explained to me by a very knowledgable person.

Thanks again, for the good work.

Randy Eaton

RE: Roof Pitch!

Post by Randy Eaton » Fri Feb 09, 2001 1:42 am

Hello Charlotte,

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate it. In Colorado I would recommend at least a 4-12 or better. A 4-12 foot pitch with a 30lb snow load will hold approxamaly 6 feet of wet snow. If you went to a 40lb-snow load and kept the roof pitch at 4-12 your roof would be able to hold 8 feet of wet snow. So you can either increase your snow load or roof pitch. I don't know what they charge in your state for steeper roof pitches but I would probably increase the snow load to 40lbs. Hope this helps.

Randy Eaton