Quality Homes in South Dakota

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Bill Korn

Quality Homes in South Dakota

Post by Bill Korn » Tue Jan 23, 2001 4:35 pm

I'm a first time buyer and I was wondering if you could tell me of some quality homes available here in South Dakota.Thanks Bill

Terry

RE: Quality Homes in South Dakota

Post by Terry » Thu Jan 25, 2001 10:40 pm

Bill,

Hello, The companies I would mention is available in your area. The one that's respected alot is the Chief Industries/Bonnavilla Homes of Aurora, Neb and York Neb. Bonnavilla has been building quality homes since 1970 and builds quality homes only using 2x6 sidewalls in their single and double wide models. Since South Dakota can really get cold this home is built for that climate. You can reach Chief Industries at www.bonnavilla.chiefind.com and you can locate a dealer near you thru them. Another company would be the Heritage Homes of Sikeston, Mo or York, Neb, both plants produce high quality homes only using 2x6 exterior walls and R-33 roof insulation. Another company would be the Liberty Homes of Kansas, they have a plant in Yoder, Ks and you could reach them at www.libertyhomesinc.com and you could upgrade your home to a zone 3 insulation package with 2x6 sidewalls. Another company would be Schult Homes of Plainville, KS and you could upgrade to a Zone 3 for your area with 2x6 sidewalls. Remember the higher the R-value the better the heating performance of your home. Like R-19 in floors, R-19 with 2x6 exterior walls, and R-38 in the roof because you loose the heat thru your roof (heat rises). Also to order your home with one piece bathtub shower combination and a one piece shower stall. Water is the greatest damage to a Manufactured homes floor. Make sure you check what type of floor decking they use. Upgrade the cabinets to Oak, cherry, or mahogany if they have it. Ask your dealer who you will be dealing with what features the homes have and what options you can put into the home also. Always look at the windows. Choose a window that's vinyl insulated with storm. Sometimes you also need to upgrade the carpet to a grade 2 or 3 which is much better. Good luck Terry