First Time buyer needs help

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Traci

First Time buyer needs help

Post by Traci » Fri Jan 12, 2001 2:51 pm

I am currently in the process of selling two homes left to our family by my mother. I plan to buy a manufactured home for my family with my share. Is it a good idea to pay cash for the home? We plan on living in it for 5-10 years before possibly selling. I'd rather not get a loan if I don't need to. Thanks. Traci

Bob

RE: First Time buyer needs help

Post by Bob » Sat Jan 13, 2001 11:24 pm

Traci,
Hello, Absolutly! Pay cash for your new home, why pay all the intrest, closing costs ect. of fiancing. I would put the home on real estate instead of a manufactured home community. with all the enivitable raising of lot rents and the like.

Randy Eaton

RE: First Time buyer needs help

Post by Randy Eaton » Mon Jan 15, 2001 1:33 am

Hello Traci,

Yes, it's always best to pay cash for a home if you can. You mentioned that you might only live in the home for 5-10 years. If that's the case I would encourage you to buy a well built home and spend some money on the landscaping also. Try to purchase a home that will allow you to attach a garage to it. This way 5-10 years down the road you will have a well built manufactured home that will look nice both on the outside and inside with residential features like a attached garage. Also, go with a 4-12 roof pitch or better, hope this helps.

Randy Eaton