Quality of Clayton Dreamhome

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Chris

Quality of Clayton Dreamhome

Post by Chris » Wed Jan 03, 2001 11:25 pm

My wife and I are looking into purchasing a new moblie home; specifically a Clayton Dreamhome. I know that Clayton was awarded Manufacturer of the year. What I am concerned about is long term value. i.e. How well can I expect a Clayton to hold up under everyday living conditions versus say a Palm Harbor or Redman home? Also how important is brand name for resale purposes? Any information that you can provide us with would be appreciated.

Randy Eaton

RE: Quality of Clayton Dreamhome

Post by Randy Eaton » Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:19 pm

Hello Chris,

It sounds like you have done your homework. Your looking a quality brand homes. . If you’re looking for resale value, make sure your home has lap siding and 4-12 roof pitch. Pit-set your home on a concrete foundation and spend some money for landscaping, patios and walkways. How your home look set-up has a big factor in how much you will be able to ask for it 5 - 10 years later. I spent $15,000 on landscaping and walkways and patios and my home looks great and has already appreciated $20,000. Start out with quality built manufactured homes, set-up on concrete foundations with nice landscaping and you'll do fine.

Randy Eaton

chris

RE: Quality of Clayton Dreamhome

Post by chris » Fri Jan 05, 2001 11:34 pm

Randy, thank you for answering my question. I do have another question on the subject though. How does the "brand name" of a home influence re-sale value? For instance, would a Palm Harbor sell faster than a Clayton because of its name? And do you recommend Clayton? If you could give the top five or ten manufacturers, who would you suggest? I appreciate your time and advise as we make this decsion.
Chris