Land/Home packages?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Carla

Land/Home packages?

Post by Carla » Wed Jan 03, 2001 1:27 pm

Hello:

I'm totally brand new to this and would like to find a way to buy a land/home package in my area. Most of the packages I've read about are in Texas or Colorado (I'm in Maryland/West Virginia area). Any ideas? Is this a good way to go?

Also, I've just started looking and spoke to only one retailer so far. He seems to be pushing the Colony homes, says they are top quality. He says Fleetwoods are more affordable but not as good. True? Ideas?

Thanks so much!

Randy Eaton

RE: Land/Home packages?

Post by Randy Eaton » Fri Jan 05, 2001 12:29 pm

Hello Carla,

My first suggestion is to talk with your local lenders first. Find out what you can afford for a total package. Most loan officers have experience and should be a big help. If your area is zoned for manufactured homes you should be able to purchase land and set-up a manufactured home on it. I would talk to at least 4 different retailers and a couple of loan officers and you should have a good idea on what's going on in your area. Fleetwood homes are o.k. but you will need to up-grade in a number of areas before you have a quality built home. I am not familiar with Colony Homes.

Randy Eaton