Silvercrest/Skyline

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Mitchell

Silvercrest/Skyline

Post by Mitchell » Fri Dec 29, 2000 8:06 pm

I'm in the San Fancisco Bay area and Silvercrest and Skyline are being put in all over the area. Are these good builders? I have also seen Fleetwood. Also what do you feel about the fact that to get a space in a park they are doubling the price of the home. They say it's because they have to purchase the older home in the park and that's what it costs. Would you have a concern about resale value?

Terry

RE: Silvercrest/Skyline

Post by Terry » Sat Dec 30, 2000 7:18 pm

Mitchell, Silvercrest a Western Homes Corporation was bought out by Champion Home Builders. I've toured their plant in Corona and another in Woodland. They build a nice house but the only thing is they are rushing the homes like mad at their Corona plant. I don't like my home to be rushed thru the factory because at times they do a faulty workmanship. I also like the Skyline of California and this company doesn't rush their homes thru the factory and a matter of fact their homes are tested by the Underwriter labratory to make sure everything is safe in the home. This is the only manufacturer that does this. I would also mention another company with a good reputation and takes a very dedicated workmanship into every home they build is the HallMark Southwest Corporation. This company is located in Loma Linda, California. They ship homes all the way into Colorado, Utah, New Mexico and Texas. This company has a very good reputation and the outstanding workmanship that goes into every home is what it's famous for. It's a small company and they take pride in their homes. Now that's the kind of home you would want. good luck