just looking for now

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Pete

just looking for now

Post by Pete » Fri Dec 29, 2000 7:49 pm

I live near Carson City NV and we are thinking of purchasing a new home. We are looking at site built homes and I am also thinking about a manufactured home on a foundation. I am looking at the Silvercrest "Grand Mannor" models. They look like they meet most of the criteria you list for a well built home. Have you heard of this manufacturer? Are they any good. Are the prices on these things negotiable?

Thanks for your help.

Terry

RE: just looking for now

Post by Terry » Sat Dec 30, 2000 7:50 pm

Pete, I have heard and seen the Silvercrest homes. Yes, they are a great home and they do look like a residential home and the nice cosmetic touches the home has make it appealing. The only thing is this company races their home down the assembly line and I don't like that because of faulty workmanship. I believe they could negotiate the price and you could get a bargain on the home. If you would like look at the web site at www.qwhomes.com and look at the Marlette homes of Hermston, Oregon and compare these two homes and the features against one another the Marlette would outperform the Silvercrest because of the quality materials this company uses and the constructions the Silvercrest wouldn't even touch. Marlette homes was always known for the quality workmanship they put into evey home and they don't build cheap houses. They also build UBC coded homes. check they out and compare these two companies and you will tell the difference and the 40x72 Marlette Luxury model triple wide sell for $122,000.00 that the Silvercrest model.

Randy Eaton

RE: Silvercrest Homes

Post by Randy Eaton » Sun Dec 31, 2000 12:14 am

Hello Pete,

Silvercrests are a good home, they are considered by many to be the Cadillac's of the manufactured housing industry. They are expensive but I know of many customers that are happy with their Silvercrests. Shop at least three Silvercrest retail centers before you buy. I wish you well.

Randy Eaton