Liberty Homes vs. Palm Harbor

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Elizabeth Molina

Liberty Homes vs. Palm Harbor

Post by Elizabeth Molina » Sun Dec 10, 2000 3:28 pm

Hello: I'm interestd in buying in the future a manufacture home in Ocala or Orlando, Fl. I've being doing A LOT of homework on these two companies. Palm Harbor is way too expensive and for the same sq feet (or even more), Liberty gives me a larger home and is less expensive. Would you PLEASEEE!!! tell me about Liberty, ANY info, which questions I must ask, about foundation, a book or brochure that I must get so I would be smart about my decision. PLEASE, HELP!!! Info about Skyline would be appreciated as well. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much!!! Lillie

Randy Eaton

RE: Liberty Homes vs. Palm Harbor

Post by Randy Eaton » Sat Dec 16, 2000 1:58 am

Hello Lillie,

Your question is a basic one, do I go ahead and buy the Liberty and get a larger home even though it's not built as well or do I buy the Palm Harbor which is better constructed and settle for a smaller home. I have been asked this question many times over the years and I can tell you this....the home which is built with quality will always serve you better in the long run. Palm Harbors are a good home and have a great resale value. The Liberty in my opinion is poorly built and has very little resale value. Eight years from now you will be be glad you purchased the Palm Harbor. For every one reading this message always buy the best constructed home you can. If that means settling for a less sqf. then so be it. You can always add onto a well built home in the future or sell it for a profit. But if you choose a poorly built Mfg home you will regret it for the rest of your lives. That's why there are so many horror stories about manufactured homes people settle for the cheapest home because it looks nice with all the furniture on the retailers lot or the retailer will through in TV set to get your business. Buy quality and you will have no regrets. I hope this helps.

Randy Eaton

Lillie

Post by Lillie » Sat Dec 16, 2000 1:07 pm

Hello again: Thank you so much for your information. I checked the other day Jacobsen Homes. Can you tell me more about them, Please?

Randy Eaton

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Dec 19, 2000 11:42 am

Hello Lillie,

I am not familiar with Jacobsen homes. But if you follow these simple guidelines you will end up with a quality home.

2x6 exterior walls
2x8 floor joists
Sheet rock through out
30lb or 40lb snow load for roof
solid wood cabinets, oak, pine or maple
Quality plumbing fixtures shut off' valves at every fixture
Try to get the most insulation possible in your home
Does the retailer have a service department?
Call BBB and check their standing with them
I would ask for referrals

Follow these guidelines and will have a quality home and a retailer who will service you.

Randy Eaton