Welcome

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Randy Eaton

RE: directions

Post by Randy Eaton » Sat Nov 11, 2000 12:21 pm

Hello Debbie,

To answer your first question, most manufacturers will direct you to their sales centers. This link has used Mfg. homes for sale you might want to check it out at, http://mobilehome.com/fsbo To remove your older home I would contact company's that specialize in moving Mfg. homes in your area the yellow pages should have a number of company's you can call. You might want the sales center your dealing with to move your home. See if you can trade your home in. To pick the right Mfg. home for you, I would visit 4 or 5 different sales centers in your area and concentrate on structural integrity and choose the one that meets your needs. I would only settle for 2x6 exterior walls and fully taped and textured inside. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Randy Eaton

Emily Lin

Re:buying MH localy?

Post by Emily Lin » Tue Nov 14, 2000 5:46 pm

Dear Randy:
We are the first time buyer of MH. We tried to find the retailer localy. We lived in Fremont,California. The prices from the retailer are a lot of higher than the manufactures. Can we order the MH from the manufacture? Would that be saft?Since we live far from the manufacture, we have to do everything over the phone or fax. We have no idel what material will be, can you please give more ideals on what kind of information we need to get from them before we really purchase it from the manufacture. We have not find the MH park yet. The manufacture said they are going to find the park for us. Do you think it will okay for them to find the park for us or do you think it will be better if we find the park by ourself?
Please help us.
Sincerely,

Emily

Randy Eaton

Re:buying MH localy?

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Nov 14, 2000 9:34 pm

Hello Emily,

What manufacturer are you referring too? And how far is your lot located from the manufacturer? Will the manufacturer be setting up your home and providing all service? To answer your last question, I would check out the parks in your area and speak with the people that live there. Compare the rental agreements and be sure the park will meet your needs 5-10 years in the future.

Randy Eaton

Harvey Dupree

New mobile home

Post by Harvey Dupree » Mon Nov 20, 2000 9:25 am

need information on Redmond mobile homes

Randy Eaton

RE: New mobile home

Post by Randy Eaton » Mon Nov 20, 2000 12:58 pm

Hello Harvey,

What would you like to know? Try to be more specific.

Randy Eaton

Emily Lin

Post by Emily Lin » Mon Nov 20, 2000 6:53 pm

Dear Randy:
I already found one space in Harward. The manufacturer will pull out the old house and put the new house that we ordered form them in to the space.
I still not sure about the materials. They faxed me the order worksheet and it contents a lot of materials that I don't understand. I asked them if we need 40 lbs per squre foot on the roof. They said we don't need it unless it's snow in CA.
Is that right?
What else do we need to get? Please give me more idels. They only provies two years warranty. Is that enough? Please answer all of my questions ASAP. Thank you so much

Emily

Mr.&Mrs.L.W.Medchill

Post by Mr.&Mrs.L.W.Medchill » Mon Nov 20, 2000 8:43 pm

To Whom It May Concern,
We are planing on haveing a Mobil Home Built to our size and spec's, any and all information, about builders, who can do this, would be a great help.

Thank You
Mr.&Mrs. L.W. Medchill

Gina

Post by Gina » Tue Nov 21, 2000 12:52 am

Dear Randy,
I am interested in purchasing a mfg home in GA in the Atlanta area. I don't believe I want the home in a park. I would like to design my own with hardwood floors throughout the home, skylights, fireplace, garden tub and gargage are my needs. Double wide 3 or 4 bed 2 bath with lots of closet space. Brick front would be nice. What do you suggest something like this would run? I want to buy the land. I guess an acre. What concerns should I have on purchasing the land? Is it better to go with one-stop shopping where I buy land and home from the same individual?
Can you suggest outlets or manufacturer in the GA area who will offer me what I'm looking for?
Thank you

Annice Miller

Post by Annice Miller » Tue Nov 21, 2000 2:20 am

I would even be interested in a used[5 yrs]Or a repo.But i need 3 -5 acres for a horse related business, I am disabled ,And know there are fha loans Insured by HUD.My credit is really bad, I went through a divorce.I get ssi.But I live in Brownwood, Tx,and nobody knows anything about these loans.And i know I qualify.Can you help me?I am also a first time home buyer.I have some money but not a lot.I need help to get on my feet.Please help me? [email protected]

Randy Eaton

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Nov 21, 2000 11:33 am

Hello Emily,

Are you responsible for setting up your manufactured home? Did you purchase the home from a retailer or manufacturer? Snow load will vary from county to county. Your building permit will specify what the snow load will be in your area.

Randy Eaton