Welcome

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Randy Eaton

RE: Used Mobile Home

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Nov 21, 2000 11:57 am

Hello Annice,

I would direct you to, http://mobilehome.com/fsbo This link has used Mfg. homes and you may find what your looking for. Another web site that might help you is, http://www.hud.gov/index.html This site is operated by HUD. I would definity seek out your financing options first and try to determine how much you qualify for. Let me know how things go for you in regards to financing.

Randy Eaton

Randy Eaton

RE: New mobile home

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Nov 21, 2000 12:21 pm

Hello Gina,

Sounds like you want a quality home. You will probably pay between $45 to $50 a sqf. Hardwood floors may need to by installed after the home is set up. I would work with a lender that does land/home packages. I would find a piece of property that I like place some earnest money down. Go to the retailer of choice and negotiate on the home. Have the retailer provide you with a purchase order. Take this to your lender of choice and have them put together a package for you. You might need to provide the lender with estimates in developing your property. Sometimes the retailer will provide you with this information. Here is a link to HUD's web site that provides all the manufacturers in your area at, http://www.hud.gov/fha/sfh/mhs/mfrlst.html It looks like you have a good choice of Manufacturers. You might want to get my book on, "How to buy a manufactured home and save thousands of dollars" My book shows Mfg. homebuyers how to look past the fluff and concentrate on quality construction and how to prepare your site. You can get a copy at, http://mfdhousing.com/randy_eaton/ I would see what your retailer can do for you on financing and a total package. But I would also seek out my own financing and compare it to retailers. This way you will know if your getting the best deal possible. Hope this helps.
Randy Eaton

Randy Eaton

RE: Manufacturers

Post by Randy Eaton » Tue Nov 21, 2000 12:24 pm

Mr. & Mrs. Medchill,

Are you wanting to know which manufacturer is best or individual builders?

Randy Eaton

Heidi Johnson

Post by Heidi Johnson » Wed Nov 22, 2000 11:41 pm

Hello,
I am looking for some information on singlewide mobile/manufactured homes. I will be a new home owner and this will be my first time ever to buy any type of home. I am looking mainly for information to help me get started, I really don't know to much about mortgages/insurances costs/ warranties, Installation, and so on. It will help me very much if i could find more about costs and what may be my price range before I begin my search. Thank you very much.
Heidi Johnson

jean

Post by jean » Fri Dec 01, 2000 2:25 am

dear randy,
i live in silicon valley in california and single family homes here are very expensive and unaffordable. my sister is a single mom with 2 daughters and she's in the process of buying MH 'coz this is what she thinks she can afford.( first time buyer of MH). i went with her to a retailer to look at the displayed homes and she was interested in buying a "silvercrest", top of the line, 30x60, 3 bedroom, 2 bath, MH. the price is $214,000.00. is this a reasonable price for a mobile home? if she puts 5% down payment, 'coz this is all she can afford, she will be paying a monthly mortgage of $2000+ and $675 space rental plus property tax and insurance...approx. $3200 per month..don't u think this is too much for a mobile home? are the tax and interest tax deductible? wouldn't it be cheaper to buy directly from a manufacturer? what happens if she wants to sell it 10 years from now, will she have equity then? how do u sell a mobile home? can she change her mind and cancel it once the MH is ordered? please advise us asap 'coz the retailer is pushing the builder to make the house and get it delivered by mid february.......thank u !!! jean

Richard

Post by Richard » Sun Dec 03, 2000 6:42 pm

I have an interesting prospect. I want to build a home on Nantucket. Because it is an island, transportation costs to get it there are critical. Also, there are a great many style covenants there. Finally, it is difficult to find a "dealer" - I will most likely need to find someone to construct the house that is not affiliated with the manufacturer.

Can you suggest a company for me to begin I search?

Also, with standard finishes (wood floors, etc) what can I expect to spend for a modular home, raw and "installed"?

Thanks

Richard