First potential mobile home

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
timetraverler

First potential mobile home

Post by timetraverler » Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:50 pm

Hi all,

Hoping to get some pointers on my first mobile home potential purchase. I have found a double wide 24' X 60' for sale. The seller purchased property with the mobile home on it. The seller has no paperwork for the mobile home. The price and mobile home was right, so I left a deposit pending paperwork. I was able to find the serial numbers on each mobile home half. I ran the serial numbers through CHP as well as an automotive title company I use for registering vehicle's with no title. Both the CHP and the vehicle tirle company said the mobile home was out of the system. My question is where do I go from here? do I have the owner put a lien? do I fill out the application for lost title? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KM Richards

Re: First potential mobile home

Post by KM Richards » Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:12 am

I'd definitely run this buy an attorney

And, maybe a title company can provide insurance in case there ends up being a lien on it that you find out about later... that way, funds will be collected from insurance to settle and you get to keep the home.

It's probably OK, but on big ticket items such as homes you'd think someone who have left all the paperwork for the new owners.