First time buyer

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
limitless

First time buyer

Post by limitless » Sun May 29, 2022 1:38 pm

Hi all,

I found a mobile home that I really like. These are my issues, no paperwork and can't locate a vin number or a tag. I plan on putting a wire wheel to the rusty lower steel beams to try and locate the vin numbers. Can anyone tell me what year this mobile looks like based on the few pics if was able to load? any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220529-120759.png
Screenshot_20220529-120759.png (219.32 KiB) Viewed 30243 times
Screenshot_20220529-120705.png
Screenshot_20220529-120705.png (247.79 KiB) Viewed 30243 times

cavehome

Re: First time buyer

Post by cavehome » Tue Oct 03, 2023 6:38 am

To identify the year and gather more information about the mobile home, I would recommend the following steps:

Contact the Seller: Reach out to the seller and ask if they have any paperwork, documents, or information about the mobile home's age, make, and model. They might be able to provide valuable details.

Check for VIN or Serial Number: Inspect the mobile home thoroughly, including its exterior and interior, for any stamped or engraved VIN or serial numbers. These numbers are usually located on the steel frame, near the tongue or hitch area, or inside a kitchen cabinet, closet, or utility room.

Consult with a Professional: If you can't locate any identification numbers or are uncertain about the year and make, consider hiring a professional appraiser or inspector who specializes in mobile homes. They can often help you identify the relevant details.

Research the Manufacturer: If you can identify the manufacturer's name or logo on the mobile home, you can try contacting the manufacturer directly or researching their historical models to determine the approximate age.

Local Regulations: Depending on your location, there may be local regulations or requirements related to mobile homes that could provide information about when it was built or brought to your area. Contact your local zoning or building department for guidance. [url]Home Improvement “looking for guest posts”[/https://cavehomedecore.com/home-decor-write-for-us/]

vanhouse

Re: First time buyer

Post by vanhouse » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 pm

definitely try and verify it isn't stolen before even considering buying it