New Champion

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
AndrewCobb

New Champion

Post by AndrewCobb » Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:10 pm

We are about to be first time manufactured home buyers. My family has out-grown our sit-built house and it is just too cost prohibitive to add-on. Selling and buying a bigger house is out of the question with skyrocketing housing here in Texas. We could make a pretty penny but couldn't come close to having the acreage we do with the size house we need/want. So with that in mind, we said we are going to stay put on our 4.11 acres and put a new manufactured home here. I am planning on selling the existing pier and beam structure and getting it moved to clear the space for the new home.
We have settled on a Champion Cimarron 3260C, built in the Athens, TX factory. We have spec'd out a home with 2x6 walls, 2x8 floors, added insulation, stretched the entire thing 2', added a fireplace and a few other things to make it "ours". With FHA/VA approved foundation, matching Hardie siding to the ground, two entry steps (I'm going to do full porches myself in the near future) we are in the entire note, including rolling in our existing land payment for around $200k. I feel this is a good deal for a full tape and textured home that is honestly built better than our current house.
Being first time buyers, what are some things in the process we need to be aware of, looking out for etc? Our timetable will be April delivery (hopefully).
Thanks for any help you can provide!

herricjb

Re: New Champion

Post by herricjb » Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:05 pm

How did this go for you? Do you like your Champion home?