North Carolina

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
PeaceofMind

North Carolina

Post by PeaceofMind » Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:07 pm

I have been looking at manufactured homes in the Asheville, NC area. I was greatly disturbed to read so many complaints against Clayton Homes. They dominate the area I wish to purchase a new manufactured home.
When I confronted the salesman with these facts he advised me to purchase a Norris home instead. He assured me that Norris is a step above in quality and I would have no problems with it as a home. They are also owned by Clayton.
Also I find it equally disturbing when people tell me, "You get what you pay for." Like that is an excuse to steal people's hard earned money for a home they thought would be sound.
Please advise as I have NOT purchased anything yet.

pistol22cal

Re: North Carolina

Post by pistol22cal » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:00 pm

We live in the same area you do and let me tell you they try so hard to ripe you off. $20,000 for setup and delivery on a $40,000 Mobile home.......are they on crack?

The sales rep seemed like she didnt want our business because we drove up in our old car. Little did she know we were pre-approved for enough to buy 5 homes......we are just frugal and cheap lol.

So I asked her - we have our own land its already flat and good to go we just need it delivered and setup if we buy it.....she goes well you need to finance with us. I told her no...no we do not we will finance with our bank. She said well if you dont it can take us 6 months to get you in your home if you buy from us.