permanent foundation

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Don

permanent foundation

Post by Don » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:19 pm

Does anyone know of a reliable contractor in the southern California area who can install a permanent foundation under a manufactured home that will qualify for a reverse mortgage?

Bill Ford

Re: permanent foundation

Post by Bill Ford » Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:49 am

Greetings:

Today is Tuesday, April 4, 2006. I just stumbled onto your message.

While you may have already found one...... "I" can only find (on the internet) "one" that has a C-47 speciality license necessary to install a MH on a HUD-Code 433A compliant foundation. Such a foundation is required for a Reverse Mortgage as well as most FHA, VA, FANNY MAE, FREDDIE MAC loans/mortgages (and other loan guarantors that slip my mind at the moment.)

Depending on where in SoCal the target property is located, you may be hard pressed to locate such a C-47 licensed contractor. I know, I'm in the same boat but perhaps a different ocean than you. I'm located in Joshua Tree -- high desert 45 miles north of Palm Springs and have been unsuccessful in locating a "HUD-Code qualified" contractor to take on my project.

The one I located on the Internet is:
http://www.onthelevelcontractors.com/aboutus.html

They are based in San Diego.

Another tid-bit if you are still in the set-up stage:
For a HUD-Code 433A compliant foundation system that will cost about 40-45% LESS money than conventional poured concrete, or concrete block foundation systems, contact the following web site: http://www.fasttrackfoundations.com.
They do NOT do installations. The guy is the inventor of this system, a licensed California engineer and only supplies contractors/builders with the specific materials necessary to install a complete perimeter foundation system that meets or exceeds all HUD-Code 433A compliance.

Finding a close by C-47 licensed contractor is the tough part.

Bill Ford
[email protected]
Joshua Tree Calif.

John Arendsen

Post by John Arendsen » Wed May 24, 2006 8:17 am

Check our websites at www.onthelevelcontractors.com and www.onthelevel.to. We service all of California and specialize in 433A's, reverse mortgages, engineering certs, releveling, retrofitting, re-modeling, room additions, carports, garages, patios, porches, cabanas, two-story cabanas, new sales and installations (Crest Homes dealer a division of ON THE LEVEL) two story manufactured homes and installations and myriad other services in the manufactured/modular home industry. If you would like to talk to someone in person call Janis Arendsen at (760) 415-1982 or leave a message on our voice mail at (800) 909-1110

admin

Post by admin » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:47 pm

if your looking for a top of the line system that will work well just about anyplace in the country take a look at FOUNDATION WORKS

Initial costs are considerably less than other types of foundations. Average installation requires less than 1 day vs. up to 2 weeks for slab or runner foundations.
Result: Dramatic out-of-pocket savings.

Meets industry standards for permanent foundation. Qualifies for FHA or VA loan vs. conventional loan.
Result: Lower monthly Payments.

Foundation Works systems are waterproof...rustproof...vermin proof...termite proof.
Result: Less maintenance means continuing savings.

Foundation Works pads, stands, and precast concrete skirting can be easily moved and reinstalled at another location.
Result: Lower relocation costs.

Look at their web site FOUNDATION WORKS
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]