Which homes should I look at?

Industry pros offer their experience in manufactured housing to help first time buyers to make informed decisions with confidence and peace of mind.
Sam Corbett

Which homes should I look at?

Post by Sam Corbett » Tue Jan 23, 2001 2:52 pm

Not sure what homes to look at. I live close to Kansas City, Missouri. I want a quality home that is going to last like a stick-built home. I was thinking that a single-wide would do for me. Is there an advantage to purchasing a double-wide verses a single-wide? Also, should I buy from a local dealer or can I buy from an out-of-town dealer or manufacturer if local dealer's homes are not quality-built? I'm assuming that if I go out-of-town, the price will be higher for the home. Any helpful information will b greatly appreciated!

Terry

RE: Which homes should I look at?

Post by Terry » Thu Jan 25, 2001 10:56 pm

Sam, Hello! The companies I could mention to you are the Chief Industries (Bonnavilla Homes) of Aurora, Neb. and York, Neb www.bonnavilla.chiefind.com and this company has been around since 1970. Bonnavilla homes only uses 2x6 exterior walls constructions and only uses top quality materials. Another company would be the Guerdon/Magnolia Homes of Vicksburg, Ms this company also builds nice heavy duty homes and has a good reputation and they have been around for more than 20 years. They only use the drywall interior that's tape andtextured thru out the entire house. Another company would be the Fuqua Homes of Boonville, Mo. www.fuquahomes-mo.com This company only builds quality homes and is worth buying because their homes look more site built than manufactured. This company has been around for more than 20 years and has been building only modular and ubc homes. If you want a quality home that's constructed like a site built home and looks like a site built home this home is for you the Fuqua homes. This home could last a last time for you. Rember to order the home with more R-value in the floors, walls and ceiling. Always order the one piece tubshower and shower stalls in one piece also. Water causes alot of damage to the floors in manufactured homes. Also look at the floor decking 3/4" toung and groove is much better and upgrade the cabinets to oak, maple , or mahogany or anything better than the cheap paper board type cabinets. Make sure all you studs are 16" o.c. and roof payload should be at least over 30 pds per. sq. ft. Good luck Terry

Dawn Stevens

Post by Dawn Stevens » Thu Feb 01, 2001 3:41 pm

I am handicapped anad we are looking to buy two manufactured homes/mobiles within the next year....one in the Rio Grande Valley ofTexas, and one in Michigan. Could you recommend the best products to look at in each state.

Kim

Post by Kim » Sat Feb 03, 2001 1:24 am

We live in Kansas and are first time home buyers. We are looking for construction and quality more than eye appeal in a home. We have been looking at a Sunshine and Hart house Could you please suggest any other homes we might want to look at. Thankyou Kim

Randy Eaton

RE: Hart Homes

Post by Randy Eaton » Sat Feb 03, 2001 2:43 am

Hello Kim,

I like the Hart homes. Good construction and nice to deal with. I like their web site also, especial the construction part. Check out Schult Homes also.

SCHULT HOMES
PO BOX 409
HIGHWAY K-18
PLAINVILLE, KS 67663
GENERAL MANAGER
(913)434-4617

Randy Eaton

Kristin Kwasny

RE: Hart Homes

Post by Kristin Kwasny » Fri Feb 09, 2001 12:03 am

I don't know what part of Kansas you are in. But I'm in Lawrence and have been dealing with Kaw Valley Homes. We are going to be getting a Schult from them. I've visited many of the dealers in Northeastern Kansas and have to say that I like them the best. They are very helpful and not pushy at all! I also highly recommend the Schult homes. Good luck.

Kristin