I have some great news for you and every single manufactured home shopper in the country. We have the answer... at last!
John Grissim has just finished the first ever consumer ratings guide to each and every manufactured home builder in the country.. . The Grissim Ratings Guide to Manufactured Homes provides at-a-glance listings with key information home shoppers need to make an informed decision. All 79 U.S. builders are fully evaluated. More than three hundred brands and series described.
Each manufactured housing builder's listing includes the following:
- Name, address, contact information and whether publicly or privately held
- Web site
- Company background/history
- States where sold
- Principal market niche/target customer
- Retail price range before tax (price includes transportation & set-up)
- The brands they compete against
- Construction rating on a 1-to-10 scale (with 10 being the highest quality)
- Brands/series produced
- Description of a popular model
- What distinguishes brand from its competition
- Number of dealerships (company owned and independents)
- Percentage of HUD-code homes sold of total homes produced
- Availability of in-house financing and in-house insurance
- Warranty structure and length
- Web site rating, pros and cons, with comment
- Author’s comments...and more.