how do you clean over head ducts when there is a heat pump?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

nannadebig53

how do you clean over head ducts when there is a heat pump?

Post by nannadebig53 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:11 am

We have overhead ducts and its in a 1989 double wide. My granddaughter is having serious breathing issues so I am trying to find out how to clean out the over head ducts. I keep the air return clean but its coming out a lot from the vents them selves. Please tell me what and or how to get these cleaned she has now been diagnosed with asthma.
Thank you

David Oxhandler

Re: how do you clean over head ducts when there is a heat pu

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:15 pm

Duct cleaning has become more of a profession in the past several years. You can remove each register and use a flexible, long handled duster to reach in and disinfect the ducts. It takes a lot of work and cant really be done efficiently.

Contact a local air/heat contractor and ask them to recommend a local duct cleaning pro. They have special tools and even robots that crawl the ducts, cleaning and disinfecting as the roll through.

LarryCornwell

Post by LarryCornwell » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:17 am

According to my views I think trying to take the help of professionals rather than doing it by owner. Before hiring any plumbing service provider company, check out, then it's market reputation, is it licensed, reliable, insured company? For similar ideas I think you should take help of All week central heating system installations NJ. They will give you best and perfect advice for it.

wilson16

Post by wilson16 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:15 am

There are a lot of "quack" duct cleaners out there so be careful. If you keep your return air box and filter clean and you have dirt blowing out your room a/c vents then you may have dirt entering your return air duct where it attaches to the heat pump unit or perhaps something has chewed a hole in it under the house and it is sucking in unfiltered air and dust and sending it through your heat pump evaporator coil and into your house. You may want to check your evaporator coil too. It could have dirt and mold on it. If the evaporator coil condensate pan is not draining well you could have a mold problem there too. I had problems with animals getting under the house and chewing on the flex ducts underneath and I had them all replaced and put and electric fence wire around the whole house 4" above the ground to keep animals from squeezing under and in between the skirting. You can have the ducts cleaned but if your return air line is not perfectly sealed you will have more dirt again.