EMF issue

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

jim92069

EMF issue

Post by jim92069 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:34 am

Our home has steel beams underneath about 3 feet off the ground. Underground power distribution cables run under the home and distribute power to 15 adjoining homes. I measured 3 mG EMF inside at floor level above the middle steel i-beam the length of the home, even after turning off the main service breaker for our home. That leads me to believe that the underground cables are inducing a field into the beams and those are being carried into the home from there.

But I've been told that the steel beams should already be properly grounded. Does anyone have experience with checking the grounding of the beams? Any other suggestions on fixing this issue?

trmimo

Re: EMF issue

Post by trmimo » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:54 am

There should be a grounding cable connecting the steel frame to the panel box. And there is a grounding cable that connects the two halves of a sectional home. I have seen the grounding lug broken off of the steel frame especially if it is rusty.