Mobile home communities

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Mustang1

Mobile home communities

Post by Mustang1 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:40 am

I am planning on buying a retirement mobile home and I have questions. If I buy from a builder say Clayton, Fleetwood,Schult where will I put it. I am looking for a NICE., well kept over 55 community, that has activites and well kept grounds. I am thinking of North Carolina, Virginia, or possibly florida. Can anyone suggest Nice well kept communities in these area's.

I would think builders would have sites that will accept the new homes built. OR the communities would have LOTS for sale where I could buy now...and then have the Mobile home bought later.

I'm new to this type of transaction and can use any advice you may have.

rmurray

Re: Mobile home communities

Post by rmurray » Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:29 am

You still have a long way to go. First you should visit the areas you mentioned and narrow down your final area of the country. The states you mentioned are substantially different from each other. You will want to compare climate, taxes, retirement amenities. You will have to buy your home from a dealer not directly from the factory. Most dealers in the area you want to go to are well versed in the area they serve and have locations they can recommend. Of the areas you mentioned Florida has the most developed retirement communities.

Even within the states you mentioned areas can be quit different. For instance Eastern NC is more beach oriented and western NC is mountain country. Similarly Florida's east coast is far different than the west coast and again central Florida is far different then the other areas. All of Florida has large retirement communities that attract thousands.

Good luck