Information on Glen & Cecil Mobile Homes, Central FL

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

phronesis

Information on Glen & Cecil Mobile Homes, Central FL

Post by phronesis » Sun May 05, 2013 10:29 am

I'm interested in any information anyone has about Glen and Cecil Mobile Homes. The company was originally based in west Central Florida (Sarasota area). I believe I have a 1969 custom Glen and Cecil home (24 X 52, 3br, 2ba). It's white with turquoise trim.

The original owners of the manufacturing and sales company were Glen Boeschen and Cecil Carroll. Glen Boeschen owned Luxury Vans, too.

Any information about the quality of these homes, the manufacturer, G&C homeowner experience or stories, locations of G&C homes, or G&C communities would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

rmurray

Re: Information on Glen & Cecil Mobile Homes, Central FL

Post by rmurray » Mon May 06, 2013 8:15 am

They will have been gone for decades. My observation is if it still exists after 44 years of use it was a pretty good home. This home was built long before the building code which means it will not meet the current wind zone requirements and cannot be moved within FL. I see this as a silly rule since this home has already gone through numerous hurricanes and survived well. Enjoy your home.