Noisy heating & Air conditioning

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Dianela5

Noisy heating & Air conditioning

Post by Dianela5 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:22 am

We have a 3 yr old mh and when the heat or air runs it is so loud. Is there any way to convert or change this system into one that does not require so much noise?

David Oxhandler

Re: Noisy heating & Air conditioning

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:15 am

All forced air heat/cool systems make some noise but most times not enough to be annoying. The most likely cause for the noise is a fan that needs to be replaced.
Call a reputable air service company and end your misery.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Dianela5

Post by Dianela5 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am

It was very loud from the day we moved into it We bought it brand new

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:49 am

New air units are not supposed to make enough noise to be that annoying. There are new air units that have problems every day. Alternatively there could be some loose duct work that is vibrating when the fan is engaged. Either way you need to get a pro to come in to trouble shoot and correct the problem. Some air units come with 3 or 5 year warranties. Call the guy that sold you (or your dealer) the unit and installed it.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Dianela5

Post by Dianela5 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

Hi David,
Thanks so much. I will definately contact the company we bought if from. I just knew it shouldn't be so noisy that we have to turn up the tv's.

Thanks again,

Diane

Celtlund

Post by Celtlund » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:51 pm

Our fan went bad (very noisy)within the first year. We contacted the company that insaled the unit and came out and replaced the fan for free as it was still under warantee with them, not the dealership. Thank you LinAir.

Dianela5

Post by Dianela5 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:55 am

Thanks so much for that info. I will try calling the manufacturer directly.

DONNYGo

Post by DONNYGo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

My issues with HUD and HVAC is a Serious Problem, Unfiltered / Unconditioned Outside Air pulled directly into your new Fan Housing and Ducts contaminating everything.

Fix Required (me)plumbing in a fresh-air filter to catch the big stuff, correctly sealing/reinstalling air-handler, adding a second 20x20 plenum filter grate so system can accept (cut down on noise) a quality Air Filter, and replace attic duct(not at my expense)for acceptable air flow.

The only good part, I was able to pull my wires for my ceiling mounted surround sound speakers while there were holes cut all thru my new roof. When pulling wires thru internal walls, they are only 2x3’s.