SUCCESS on refinancing

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

taxman

SUCCESS on refinancing

Post by taxman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:14 am

FINALLY---the refinancing went through!! After being aggressive with the credit union and the appraisal company, they obtained a 4th comp and it was much higher. It brought the number up high enough to do the refinance!!

Many thanks for your help. We close today.

David Oxhandler

Re: SUCCESS on refinancing

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:02 am

Congratulations! You did your homework and aced the test. You have taken a major step advancing your personal "American Dream".

If you would write a few paragraphs about your experience, strategy, and the determination it took to get past today's barriers to refinance, we would like to publish and share your story.

There are many home owners that could benefit from today's low interest rates. Too many have been frustrated by tight lending standards. Most take a swing and if they don't get a hit walk away because they feel that lenders are unapproachable. Your story could help many others lift themselves past the current market obstructions.

Contact me by e-mail at [email protected]
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

taxman

Post by taxman » Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:05 pm

I'd be happy to do that. I'll try and work on something over the weekend. I did the homework and you were the teacher. I appreciate the assistance!

Celtlund

Post by Celtlund » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:13 pm

I'd be interested in seeing what you did and what interest rate you ended up with. We bought in 2008 and our loan is around 7% so if we could reduce that a couple or three % it may be worth refinancing.

taxman

Post by taxman » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:37 pm

We started with a fixed rate of 6.375% back in 2006. We ended up getting an ARM mortgage at 3.375% for 20 years. I'm not crazy about the adjustable rate part of it, but the rate has a ceiling of 9% and can only increase 2% every 5 years, depending on prime. If we stick with our plan, we'll have it paid off in 15 years...right about the time I turn 62. We pay extra on it every month. Wouldn't mind getting it paid off in 12-13 years, if possible.