Determining the Window Manufacture

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

LMillholland

Determining the Window Manufacture

Post by LMillholland » Thu May 10, 2012 12:17 am

I own a 1989 Fleetwood Double-Wide in the state of Florida. All new windows sold in Florida must pass a 140 MPH wind load certification, but residential code only requires 108 MPH wind load certification. I replaced the windows in the Double-Wide last year, and saved the removed windows to use in a shed. The building inspectors will not allow me to use the removed windows, unless I can obtain documentation showing that they have been certified for at least 108 MPH wind load. I have looked at the removed windows, and can not find any manufactures information on them. Since Fleetwood enterprises went out of business in 2009, how can I find out who manufactured the windows that they used in 1989 for this Double-Wide?

rmurray

Re: Determining the Window Manufacture

Post by rmurray » Thu May 10, 2012 6:20 am

Wow you have a tough challenge. That 1989 model home was built prior to the wind zone requirements went into effect. The wind zone requirements in the HUD code came along later. I doubt any manufacturer bothered with more expensive super windows..I doubt you will be successful in your quest. Others here might well remember better than I about Fleetwood's supplier. Most GA and FL manufacturers used Phillips or Kinro window companys product.

Sorry you most likely will not be allowed to legally use these used windows..

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu May 10, 2012 8:46 am

You can order windows, screens,plumbing and electric parts, bath and kitchen fixtures, roof and ceiling components, and more.... even set-up materials from Complete Mobile Home Parts On Line
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Fri May 11, 2012 5:09 am

Most Fleetwoods had Phillips windows. They went out of business a few years ago.

wrigham

Post by wrigham » Tue May 28, 2013 1:57 pm

I own a 95 Schult. Can you tell me who manufactured the windows for them? I am having trouble with most of them in that they will not stay up. There is a long corkscrew looking thing on both sides of the window, that you can see if you open the window up far enough.

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue May 28, 2013 5:22 pm

Manufactured home builders change suppliers based on best volume price. You can find replacement windows, screens, and replacement parts at completemobilehomesupply.com
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

trmimo

Post by trmimo » Wed May 29, 2013 5:00 am

Those parts are called balancers. They are usually available at a glass company or good hardware store. If you live in the midwest, the windows were likely made by Carefree or maybe Winterseal both of whom are out of business.