Blueprints,foundation locating points

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Bob Hamberg

Blueprints,foundation locating points

Post by Bob Hamberg » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:29 am

I have a 1999 Fall Creek 28X48 that I am relocating and the concrete contractor and County Building Supervisor needs foundation drawings and blueprints for info on where to pour the piers,or full foundation if I decide to go that way.

The S/n and Unit Designation are: FC01171099A&B 48-1 (This came from inside a
cabinet) and the outside plates read:RAD1188760 and RAD 1188761.

Also, I'd appreciate any opinions on the type of foundation and the benefits/drawbacks of either:

Pier and Skirting or Full 5 block foundation.

I cannot go with a full basement because it is too close to a lake and the water table is approximately 2 feet below the surface. Thanks

trmimo

Re: Blueprints,foundation locating points

Post by trmimo » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:29 am

Fall Creek is long out of business. Prints are no longer available. An experienced installer can draw you one by measuring your home and using the installation manual requirements. I prefer a block wall. The extra sidewall support makes for extra support and much stiffer floors. You will still need either piers or cross beams to support the steel frame rails.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:13 pm

By Federal edict your state WILL REQUIRE you use a properly licensed manufactured home set up contractor. He WILL have to have the original set up manual OR design a set up to a generic state set up code in place in your state. Your local building inspector should be able to direct you to a copy of the REQUIRED set requirements in your county. He should also be able to point you to a local state licensed set contractor. These contractors WILL be VERY familiar with your states generic set up requirements. Personally I would NOT involve a concrete contractor until the licensed set up contractor has helped you design an acceptable foundation plan..

campingout18610

Post by campingout18610 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:35 am

I AM TRYIN TO LOCATE THE BLUEPRINTS FLOOR PLAN FOR A 1986 TITAN RADCO SINGLEWIDE MOBILE HOME. WE HAVE BOUGHT PRIVATE LAND AND MOVIN THE HOME ON IT BUT THE BUILDIN INSPECTOR NEEDS THE BLUEPRINTS FOR THE MOBILE HOME BUT I HAVE CONTACTED THE MANUFACTURE COMPANY WHO MADE THIS MOBILE BUT THEY HAD A MAJOR FIRE IN 1996 AND HAVE LOST ALL FILES FOR PREVIOUS BUILT MOBILES THERE. I NEED THESE BLUPRINTS FOR THE FOUNDATION(SETTIN UP THE MOBILE ON PIERS) SO WE NEED THE SPECS ON WHERE THE PRESSURE POINT ARE ON THE FRAME AND ALSO WHERE TO PLACE THE PIERS IN THE GROUND. THANK YOU AND ANY HELP I CAN GET WILL BE GLADLY APPRECIATED ASAP.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:21 am

The permit can ONLY be gotten by a licensed set crew..They WILL be familiar with the states generic set and blocking requirements which are used when original documents are not available. Find a licensed crew and contract with them...