home inspections

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

ArkSlim

home inspections

Post by ArkSlim » Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:48 pm

I've seen several posts saying that you should get a used home inspected by an inspector. This seems very logical. How could I become an inspector? Is there training available, is it expensive, and what are the possibilities of getting a job if you can get training? THANKS

David Oxhandler

Re: home inspections

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:17 pm

In some states it is a licensed trade. In other's you need a contractor or general contractors license. Contact your local building permit authority for the rules in your community.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

ArkSlim

Post by ArkSlim » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Thanks.David I will be getting a mfg. home in 6-12 months and will be trying to gather all the info. I can during that time so I can make the best decision possible and will be asking a lot of questions. thank you again.

Tim_09

Post by Tim_09 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:06 pm

As a professional Los Angeles certified home inspector, I'd recommend people to hire only a certified and town's well know home inspection services if they really want to make a worthy investment.