first time buyer

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Steven Ugan

first time buyer

Post by Steven Ugan » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:22 pm

i just bought a 1994 four seasons 16x80 3br 2 bath home in a park have not moved in yet but nervous about some reviews on four season homes is it that only disappointing people post, or did i make a mistake ? everything works and looks good. the only thing we saw was crown molding peeling and removed in some spots new furnace and central air seamed solid can you perhaps comfort my thought of buyers remorse. or like all things buyer beware. and if it feels good enjoy your new (used) home

David Oxhandler

Re: first time buyer

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Dec 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Stop worrying. Most folks don't post about the good experiences with their homes because that is what they, rightfully, expect. Regardless of the product, if the end user is disappointed they always make a lot more noise then those that are satisfied.

Four Season has built thousand of homes and has almost as many satisfied owners. We ALWAYS recommend that any home buyer hire a professional home inspector prior to closing on any pre-owned home.

Prices vary from state to state. Here in Florida the cost for a full home inspection including structure, electric plumbing, roof, foundation PLUS termite inspection is under $300. If I am going to play poker with "the boys" that is a lot of money but it is a small price to pay to sleep knowing you have not made a five digit error.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

trmimo

Re: first time buyer

Post by trmimo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:51 am

I sold 4 Seasons homes the entire time they were in business. I always found them to be above average homes and had a lot fewer problems than with some of the brands people on here rave about.