How to get lien released when company bankrupt

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

cheriski

How to get lien released when company bankrupt

Post by cheriski » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:23 pm

I have a huge problem. Bought a new doublewide in 2001. The owner of the company who I bought the home from got in deep trouble with fraud and FBI investigation in home and land wrap deals. He filed and received bankruptcy. I only bought the home so I was no included in the suit but received court statements naming me as one of the creditors. I don't understand. Anyway, I am not sure where the man is, he ran, got arrested and now I have several addresses on him. I wrote him letters, they do not get returned to me, so I believe he received them. How can I get a lien released from a situation like this? I am in the middle of a divorce, the home is in my name only. I cannot sell the home until the lien is released! How can I do this? I am trying to save time and money. The land his. I need information as soon as possible please!

rmurray

Re: How to get lien released when company bankrupt

Post by rmurray » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:49 pm

I assume he placed some kind of construction lien..Did you finance the home with a lender, they would have had a lien release before they paid him his money..If they do not you must have title insurance for the home and land..The closing attorney would have had lien releases to issue the title insurance..If these all are dead ends you will need a real estate attorney (not the one who closed your mortgage) to help you..

candrus03

Post by candrus03 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:17 am

My orginal lender sold my mortgage. The new mortgage company had no signed paperwork in regards to purchase aggrements brterrn their company and myself and asked me to sign some paper work. I did not sign it. I had to obtain a copy of my title and it shows the orginal mortgage company as the lein holder still. I filed for chapter7 a few months ago and it was includes under orginal mortgage companys name. So I was told the home is mine free and clear. But how do I get them off my title or a realease of lein?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:13 am

You need to find a good attorney
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:28 pm

Your BK attorney should be able to help...The new lender would have had a lien assignment and should have been involved in BK as well...

cheriski

Post by cheriski » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:45 pm

I talked to an attorney that was the prosecuting attorney when this first began. He told me there were a few people who just bought the homes and were not involved in the land wrap home suit. They did not know what to do with us. This has been atleast 6 years now. I was told the home is like a dead fish in water. There has to be something and some way to get this released. Guess I will need to consult an attorney. I was hoping on saving an expense I cannot afford. Thanks

cheriski

Post by cheriski » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 pm

I put half down on the home and made notes to the owner of the company who sold the homes, not a financial lender, no mortgage company. When he was getting pressured he tried to send people out to get me to sign some kind of paper work for a new lender, I would not. Next thing I knew, I did not hear anything for a long time until I read about the Fraud Case pending against his company that sold manufactured homes and land wrap deals. I never did get another lender and was told by the attorney he no doubt stuck all the money I put down in his pocket. He did put a lien on the title, but nobody picked up the mortgage.

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Sounds like a good attorney is what you need..

Celtlund

Post by Celtlund » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:12 am

You need a lawyer. The manufacturer of the home may have been defrauded and if they are still in business may try to recover it.