data plate

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

hunter

data plate

Post by hunter » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:02 pm

In 2003 we bought a used manufactured home from a dealer in Alexandia Mn. Now we are trying to sell it but are told we need a data plate but can not find one. How could they sell it in the first place to us without it and where can we get a replacement?

David Oxhandler

Re: data plate

Post by David Oxhandler » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:19 am

The Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS), as the Department of Housing and Urban Development's monitoring contractor under the Federal Manufactured Housing Program, is required to maintain all reported certification label applications, and has been the sole source of this data since 1976. The data IBTS maintains comes from manufacturers' production reports.

IBTS may be able to provide a copy of the data plate/compliance certificate if your home contains a HUD label

If a copy is not available, they can provide a substitute Performance Verification Certificate generated based on the destination of the home.

Click here to jump to their web site.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Eddie J

Post by Eddie J » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:14 pm

Is it a HUD home or was it concidered a "modular home." Our home is an On the Frame Modular. It looks every bit like a regular mobile home. However, istead of a HUD label on our siding, we have a plate under the kitchen sink. This plate states the home is an "Approved Modular Unit." It was built to the then BOCA code, not HUD. In New Jersey this means the home cannot be moved. It'll live it's life out on this property. The property, with the house, can be sold as real estate.

If your home doesn't have a HUD label, check under the kitchen sink, see what you see.

sharon17821

Post by sharon17821 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:01 pm

Hi, I bought a used trailer hollypark, original owner said its a 1973 to 1976, the county says its a 1980. no data plate, no info inside kit cabinets, i looked underneth no serial number etc, no toungue. i would like to sell so person can go thru bank, but no one knows ser number etc to contact ibts
call auditors, recorders, etc called auto title dept. org owner is older she can't remember info please can you direct to where i could possibly find thanks

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:06 pm

Ibits only needs the HUD label number...see message 3 messages above. If it was built after 1976 it DID have the label. I was located on the front door side of the home about 1 foot from the tail end..

The only other place to find a vin number (serial number) is on your title or insurance policy. Often local tax records will have the number.

Most states have a procedure to assign a new legal serial number to the home. Your title office should know the process..