adhesive tiles coming up

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

MHCService

Re: adhesive tiles coming up

Post by MHCService » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:01 pm

I'm just coming in on your trail of messages. I understood at one point you have a recessed porch, is the skirting recessed also or surrounding the porch. If you have winddriven rain falling in between the slats, going into the crawlspace, the water can just stay within the crawlspace for a long time (especially summertime). Also is the bottom board material well maintained under them home, any open places or tears (check the lagging conections along the floor mate lines), this material ats as a pressure envelope (barrier between conditioned interior air and exterior unconditioned air). It could be you have crawlspace humidity entering into the floor cavity and being cooled at the decking providing the tile problem. I aslo wonder if the a/c duct in the ceiling or floor, as in the floor it can create sweating of the decking if heat/moisture enters the bottom board. If it's a ceiling duct the blowing cold air downwards may be creating the tile problem as moisture beneath the tile cannot escape into the interior to be conditioned (tile is vinyl and trapping the moisture). there is an attorney in Scott, La. (Lafayette) area that handles manufactured housing complaints, I do inspections for him in the Lemon Law field. His link is [email protected] I provide support services to attorneys when the homeowner cannot get the problems solved thru the industry and seek law help, my website is: manufacturedhousingconsultingservices.com