rotted floor

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

dondi

rotted floor

Post by dondi » Tue May 24, 2011 5:24 pm

while putting new sub floor down noticed wood at bottom of wall in washroom where dryer is rotted poked screwdriver in its black rotted wood 1985 skyline looks like job is getting bigger all the time.my question is does this sound like too big of a job fom me? should i call in a professional?my impulse is just cover it let it go for future day. hard question to answer without seeing i know

David Oxhandler

Re: rotted floor

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue May 24, 2011 10:01 pm

The longer you wait the bigger the job will get. The only thing that will stop that rot from spreading is to get it gone.

If you have some experience framing this should not be a huge challenge. If you don't have much experience hire someone with experience to work with you.

Don't wait!

The Manual for Manufactured Home Repair & Upgrade has a section dedicated to repairing & replacing rotted floors. The e-book is only $29.95 and you can Download it NOW! and save $15 over the cost and shipping of the hardbound edition.

This E-Book is viewable using Adobe Acrobat. Within a few minutes or less you will be able to save the entire book. You will be able to read it on your screen or print all or parts of the book for your project.

The purchase price represents a small fraction of what you would have to spend on contracting out repairs.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]