1973 HOLL manufacturer info needed

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Maria Karmina

1973 HOLL manufacturer info needed

Post by Maria Karmina » Sun May 22, 2011 1:25 am

I have an old mobile home with the year 1973 HOLL that is 70 X 14 in size and has a VIN or Serial NO of 2107 and I am looking for information on who may have been the manufacturer of this mobile home and how I can get information on whether it had any products with asbestos in them used in the building of this mobile home? I have tried and tried and can't seem to find any information on a 1973 HOLL mobile home, so I don't know where else to look to find out what company manufactured this home. It has been remodeled in the past 5 years, so I don't know that there are any plates or ID stickers left anywhere on the mobile.

rmurray

Re: 1973 HOLL manufacturer info needed

Post by rmurray » Sun May 22, 2011 11:13 am

East of the Miss. river it is most likely a Holley Park Home. Holly Park was built in Central Indiana by an Amish Community. The factory was owned and operated by the Amish community..It was one of the VERY best homes built at the time..1973 was before the HUD code but Holly Park exceeded the HUD code far before the law came in the 1976 model year..38 years after it was built there will be no records or even folks left to answer your questions..

I sold these homes in Gainesville, FL at this time we had to freight them nearly 1000 miles to sell. I remember nothing in the home that could have had asbestos. Most models even had plywood panel ceilings. All the wood trim and panel were real wood. No plastic anywhere. Cabinets were high quality custom built cabinets thru. Floors were 3/4 inch plywood when no one else even thought of it...Even the bottom board was plywood instead of tar paper..In 1973 14x70 homes in the market were selling for $4,900 to $6,900. A Holley Park was closer to $ 11K. At twice as much as others it had to shine..

Of course the renovation could have added asbestos...

regina

Post by regina » Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:28 pm

trying to find out how much a well taken care of 1973 14x70 3 bedroom,2 BATH,ca,furnace, tip out,covered porch,fully carpered, storm window and doors,might be worth

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:37 pm

The value of a 37 year old home no matter how it is built varies substantially by condition and location. If the home can be sold on location as opposed to moving it will be many thousands higher..In that case the location will be a much larger component of its value than the home itself....It might be possible to develop a book value which really means little since location will the the lions share of its value. If you wish to get a book value try here:

https://ssl.xpr.com/mfdhousing/mhcredit/value.php

The most accurate determination of value that will take location into consideration will come from a local appraiser whose bill will be about $ 300 and will be accurate..

A home like this in FL or CA directly on beachfront property might well sell for well over $ 100,000. The same home in a very rural trailer park in S GA would be lucky to fetch $ 1000. Location is the key..

mariagmc1

Post by mariagmc1 » Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:43 pm

Hi rmurray,

I was the original poster of this question and I never thanked you for the information you provided. Here I am 10 years later and find I am in need of this same info again, and I was fortunate enough to have saved the original post thread and clicked on it today and voila...up popped the original post and your answer.....AGAIN, only now it is 10 yrs down the road.

So basically, I just wanted to tell you how much I appreciated your answer back then and again now....since I never did back then. People like you can literally save some people from not being able to place a moved mobile home and I am grateful for the effort you made in getting me an answer, because I was able to place my home on private property simply because of your answer, as the owner of the property took it for granted that you more than likely knew exactly what you were talking about. Thank you so much for saving my life back then....I was at the end of the road in placing my home and would have had to abandon it had I not received your reply. Much much appreciated and forever grateful!
Maria