financing

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

dondi

financing

Post by dondi » Sat May 14, 2011 12:36 pm

does anyone know where to get financing to purchase a used mobile home i have tried all the sites online they all say the same thing (sorry we dont finance mobile homes anymore due to the economy and the fact they dont hold there value .) i did get one MH.com but there interest rates are high 7.7.5 thats 8% in my book. to high in todays prices. F H A wont do mobiles either.

thanks

David Oxhandler

Re: financing

Post by David Oxhandler » Mon May 16, 2011 8:32 am

There are FHA loans available but the home has to meet their foundation rules. That will eliminate a high percentage of used homes unless you want to go the extra cost of retro-fitting the foundation.

Find out what the payments will be before you blow off your chance at homeownership. You may find that a 7.75% loan is not unreasonable in todays market of unreasonably tight credit.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

dondi

Re: financing

Post by dondi » Tue May 17, 2011 3:44 pm

i already have a older mobile home 1985 skyline i was just trying to get loan in place for after i sell this one . thanks for your imput