What is my MH worth?

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

maggiemayquinn

What is my MH worth?

Post by maggiemayquinn » Wed May 04, 2011 7:17 am

I am trying to sell my mobile home and need to find out what it is worth. It is a 1994 Fleetwood Edgewood. It is 14x80. It needs new carpet and painting , but I have done lots of other things like add laminate flooring to kitchen and utility area. It is in good shape for its age. I would be including both front and back steps. Any suggestions on price would be appreciated.

Thanks
Angie

David Oxhandler

Re: What is my MH worth?

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed May 04, 2011 7:53 am

You can order a manufactured housing NADA book value report on line at https://ssl.xpr.com/mfdhousing/mhcredit/value.php. All reports are filed by an experienced Manufactured Housing Valuator, based on the information that you submit about your home.

A Value Report will be returned to your e-mail within 3 days (excluding Sat and Sun). This will give you an idea of what your homes is selling for at retailer locations across the country.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

maggiemayquinn

Post by maggiemayquinn » Wed May 04, 2011 8:35 am

is there a free site with just a general value such as with NADA and Kelly blue book on cars?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed May 04, 2011 9:11 am

Nothing don’t mean nothing if it ain’t free

Try the NADA web site. At one time they offered free MH valuations but I think they now charge for the service.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

dondi

Post by dondi » Tue May 17, 2011 3:53 pm

mobile homes lose about $5,000 in value every year hope that helps

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue May 17, 2011 9:38 pm

Dondi -

That is simply not so. My manufactured home was built in 1984. I have maintained it added on to it and made many improvements to the three acres it is on. Even in todays depressed market it is worth several times what I paid for it in the early 90's.

The value of a manufactured home is no different than any other structure. There are four things that contribute to the value of any type of structure, residential or commercial.

1- Location

2- Location

3- Location

4- Condition
David Oxhandler
[email protected]