Floorplans and specs

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

MBH-buyer

Floorplans and specs

Post by MBH-buyer » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:00 pm

I am a buyer that stupidly bought a mobile home and can not remember the specs on it. I am in the military and out of the area but was wanting to know if there is a way that I can look up the specs and floor plans on the net. Any body gotta clue? Thanks

rmurray

Re: Floorplans and specs

Post by rmurray » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 pm

There is no place you will find this kind of archive. There have been many changes in the industry in the last few years.. You might try a call or e-mail to the plant that built the home. Some one there might be able to help.....

HAPPY VETS DAY.. Thank you for your service..

eugpenn

Post by eugpenn » Sat Dec 12, 2009 6:34 pm

Thank you for your Service to US! ;-)

kfrost

Post by kfrost » Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:30 am

I have the documentation for several mobile homes. Trade name, DOM, serial number and Label/insignia number, L and W, spc, scc are listed. These are 1978 and 1979 year homes. With the above is there a place I can go and download the floor plans and specs?
Kfrost

rmurray

Post by rmurray » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 pm

+++I am afraid not. There is NO archive of old specs, prints or even floorplans. Good luck

donsimons

Post by donsimons » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

looking for plumbing blueprints for my 1991 Royal Oak by KIT, is there any place I can go to get or buy them?

David Oxhandler

Post by David Oxhandler » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:23 pm

It is near impossible to find prints for the mechanical systems of manufactured homes but it is relatively easy to work on them. All of the long plumbing runs are under the floor and simple to find and access from under the home.

Check out our archives for the article Understanding and Installing Manufactured Housing Waterlines. If you still have any question come back and ask. We have several regulars with extensive experience changing and repairing waterlines, who will be able to assist with any specific problem you encounter.

Here are a few other plumbing realted articles that might be of interest:

Replacing or Repairing a Bathtub Drain

Adding a fixture shut-off valve, replacing a faucet

What is A Plumbing Check Vent?

VIDEO: Insulating a Manufactured Home Water Heater
David Oxhandler
[email protected]