roofing

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

slconley61

roofing

Post by slconley61 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:43 pm

we own a 94 redman double wide and have been informed that we have a 20 yr warrenty on the roof. I need to know who tho contact about this issue.

David Oxhandler

Re: roofing

Post by David Oxhandler » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:55 pm

The twenty year warranty often mentioned during new home sales comes from the maker of the shingles and is strictly on the shingles ... If a single shingle fails they will replace it. If you have the original literature that came with the owners manual when the home was new you may find the shingle info. The amount they pay you is pro-rated based on the remaining life expectancy of the original product. After 16 years the value will not be very high.
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Celtlund

Re: roofing

Post by Celtlund » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:04 am

If you have replacement cost homeowners insurance you can file a claim with them for storm or hail damage. My homeowners insurance covered the cost of replacing my roof minus my $1,000 deductible. The 20 year shingles I had on my roof only lasted about 15 years and that is not uncommon.