novadeck

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

reggieroo

novadeck

Post by reggieroo » Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:43 am

My old, sick dog has urinated on the floors repeatedly. I pulled up the carpets. Can a sealant be put on the novadeck to keep odors from coming up, especially in humid weather. I was thinking something like shellac.

admin

Re: novadeck

Post by admin » Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:40 am

Novadeck is a type of particle board and once it has been wet the structural integrity of the board is compromised... Once it has been wet it looses strength. The best thing you can do is to cut out the areas that have been wet and replace with a like gauge of plywood.

Take a look at Floor Repair Info Kit from Aberdeen RepairThis kit includes a 25 minute video about repairing the hardest spot in your homes floor the area in your bathroom underneath your toilet,and includes a booklet on floor repair.
This is not a high-dollar video with actors that wear makeup and every word smoothly rehearsed, these videos are. However a good-quality that features a real contractor clearly showing you how to do the job
My floor sealant of preference is Kilz... NOT THE LATEX BASED BUT THE OIL BASE. We have used this successfully on plywood for years with excellent results
David Oxhandler
mailto:[email protected]

trmimo

Re: novadeck

Post by trmimo » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:24 am

Kilz is absolutely the best option for what you want to do as long as you don't see any moisture damage.