Mobile home floor repair/bathroom

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

donal

Mobile home floor repair/bathroom

Post by donal » Tue Oct 28, 2008 8:07 am

I have to replace my floor in my mobil home bathroom.
Knowing that the floor was layed first then the walls
and I need support for my new plywood I will go under
my trailer and screw in 2x4 support to my frame using lag screws
and and have the floor framed like a house would be.
You would then be set for any future repair's,and you will
have your new floor level with the existing floor.
Has anyone tried this?

David Oxhandler

Re: Mobile home floor repair/bathroom

Post by David Oxhandler » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:07 pm

You may find once you remove the bad flooring that you need to replace or repair some plumbing. While you have the floor open may be the best and easiest time to repair or even upgrade the existing plumbing. Before you start read Understanding and Installing Manufactured Housing Waterlines

If the floor damage runs under the tub see Replacing a Manufactured Home Bathtub

You should be able to to the entire job from the top side. Working under a manufactured home can be very challenging if not imposable. . You most likely wont need to worry about replacing the floor under the walls. In the event that you do not feel comfortable with whats is left supporting the wall, it is easier to remove the bad floor and any that is under the wall can be replace by sliding sections of plywood under the wall and tapping them in place with a hammer.

For the best instruction anyplace Take a look at Floor Repair Info Kit from Aberdeen Repair This kit includes a 25 minute VHS video about repairing the floor in your bathroom underneath your toilet,and a booklet on floor repair.

This is not a high-dollar video - it is only $25.95 but features a real contractor clearly showing you how to do the job
David Oxhandler
[email protected]

Dwayne

Re: Mobile home floor repair/bathroom

Post by Dwayne » Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:21 am

My name is Dwayne and my brother and I have over 20 years experience in all phases of the manufactured housing industry and due to the economy work has really slowed down. We are starting our own service business and we will travel depending on size of job. Feel free to contact us no matter what your question may be, E-mail us at [email protected]