Mobile home Frame with axles

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

reg312

Mobile home Frame with axles

Post by reg312 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:31 pm

I've been searching for weeks to try to find out where I can buy a NEW mobile home Frame WITH axles. Is there any company out there that will sell this to me? I'd like to build my own 12' or 14' wide x 40 ish feet unit for my lake property. I guess this could also be classified as a park model home. I bought some lakefront property in Missouri approx 2 hours away from where I live. Be easier to build it here and move it down when I'm done. I would actually consider buying 3 of these frames to start and maybe i could get them all delivered at same time to me.

rmurray

Re: Mobile home Frame with axles

Post by rmurray » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:26 pm

Call the closet factory to you..Most would not just sell a frame..Just remember you cannot sell this home as anything...To be a park model it would have to be built and certified to the proper code..Before you spend too much money check with your local authorities..VERY few local governments would allow this type of structure..

reg312

Re: Mobile home Frame with axles

Post by reg312 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:57 am

Thanks rmurray. These are for me and the kids and will not be for resale. The county I plan to put them on has NO building codes. Only thing they care about is the septic system.