1969 Vindale

What do you want to know about manufactured homes? The worlds greatest collection of expert advice on buying, installing, maintaining and repairing manufactured homes.

Jane Ellenberger

1969 Vindale

Post by Jane Ellenberger » Mon Sep 11, 2006 2:21 pm

I own a 1969 Vindale and need to have drawings or the heat vent system. I have vents that are connected to nothing but a hole in the floor. There was an electrical system blueprint here when I bought the home, but I need that same thing for the heating system. How do I reach Vindale?
Thank you.

rmurray

Re: 1969 Vindale

Post by rmurray » Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:31 pm

Wish I could be of more help..Vindale is long gone from the industry...Very few companies would have kept records for this long anyway....

My only suggestion is for you to get a professional HVAC person to inspect your system and advice you on any improvements necessary...

trmimo

Re: 1969 Vindale

Post by trmimo » Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:59 am

The vents that go nowhere are for return air. This house also has a hole in the floor located in the furnace closet so that the furnace can draw return air through the floor. It is very important that you do not have any holes in the blackboard underneath the home. The return air flows freely through the floor cavity between the insulation and the plywood, any hole underneath would cause the furnace to draw air from outisde the house. Rmurray is right, Vindale closed in 1982 as I recall.